The role will have full PMO / IM responsibility for the Strategic Programs for the Materials and Surface Technology Function. The MST group is responsible for delivering efficiency on $400M of COGS spend for the Business, and this role will be a key part of delivering Business Targets against this. The role will provide Strategic and Business Direction, for the execution of critical and J&J approved Enterprise Programs, in MST. The role is Strategic in nature and involves the Prioritization / Management of E2E Special Process Programs within the DPS Manufacturing Network (Internal and External). The role will work in close partnership with J&J Enterprise Functions, Category, Source, Operations, Engineering, Commercial and SQA, to develop strategic Business Cases, to transform the Supply Chain in Special Process Areas. The role will introduce Strategic Network thinking to key revenue generating Product Families for the Business. The role will be expected to have a long term strategic vision for the business.
- Responsibility for PMO Governance of the MST Portfolio – circa $25+M p/a Spend
- Implementation of Governance Structures encompassing J&J Enterprise Functions and E2E Supply Chain Pillars
- Establishment and Management of Program Management Structures, Technical Execution Teams, Business Interfaces from an E2E Perspective
- Responsible for prioritisation, alignment and integration of all major change programs within MST for the Business from Transformation, Continuous Improvement and NPI Delivery
- Integration of “Shift Left” Methodologies into the MST Portfolio
- Co-ordinate and ensure delivery of a year on year 5% CIP Delivery for the Business ($20M p/a), through execution of MST Portfolio, internal and external
- Development of Global Business Cases for Company Investment in the Materials and Surface Technology Space
- Integration with Network Strategies to transform Special Processes across the Network
- Integrate with J&J Enterprise Functions to design, present, get approval for Business Transformation Strategies in Materials and Surface Technologies, with specific focus on HA, 3D and Direct Materials.
- Manage, develop and lead Program Management Teams to ensure Excellence in Execution across the MST Portfolio
- Design and drive PMO Training Processes and Systems across the group to ensure consistency and a “Best in Class” function for delivery
Collaboration (Shape, Connect)
- Develop strong collaborative and functional business partnerships with J&J Enterprise, Commercial, Plant Engineering, Procurement, Regulatory, Product Development, Base Engineering, Supplier Quality, R&D, and Quality Engineering.
- Steer collaboration with external partners to overcome blockages and facilitate integration in this highly matrixed function
- Embed project controls support (scheduler, cost controller) as needed in key programs to provide project planning excellence and high confidence level in project reporting.
- Accountable for key portfolio performance metrics, including, but not limited to, schedule performance, cost performance (capital and expense), resource management and portfolio output metrics.
- Lead and/or support events as needed to identify project opportunities – e.g. CI2 events, hackathons, value engineering workshops, value stream mapping,
- Responsible for LRFP for MST and management of BP Investment plans for the function, and representation of those on an annual basis with the Business
- Present on the performance and delivery of the Programs to the senior VP’s across Supply Chain, Commercial and J&J Enterprise
- Ensure Pipeline Management for MST Function for the Global Business
- Identification and Development of Strategic External Partnerships
Capability Building / Innovation
- Responsible for building an ongoing Innovative Culture through Talent Development within the MST Function and the leveraging of that across the entire DPS Organization
- Portfolio Integration with R&D to identify and leverage Platform Technical Opportunities to ensure enhanced Product Portfolio offerings to the Marketplace
- Degree in Engineering, or a related discipline
Experience and Skills:
- Experience in a Global Matrixed Management Role within Life Sciences (7+ Years)
- Proven expertise in the Management of Global Technical Strategies
- Previous portfolio & people management expertise developing and implementing manufacturing processes on a global scale.
- Degree in Engineering, or a related discipline
- Significant Program Management experience, or appropriate Qualification
- Minimum 7+ years experience in a senior Operations / Engineering Management role Experience in Execution of Large Scale
- Masters in Business Administration and / or Engineering
10-15% Travel Requirement
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Depuy (Ireland) Limited (7386)