Closing Date for Applications: 31st January 2020
We are hiring for a Commercial Business Managers in the Midlands to work for our Depuy Synthes Franchise
Working with us can change everything including YOU
In our complex and changing healthcare environment, our company must anticipate the evolution of our customer’s ecosystem. In doing so we need to develop a deep understanding of the dynamics of their organization and of the needs of our Customer’s customer, in order to be able to translate these insights into deployable long-term strategies and tailored value-based propositions. Using the Triple Aim (Treat more patient with better outcomes, increase Patient experience, while reducing total cost of care) as a guiding principle to in everything we do, we can make a lasting impact on our customers objectives, making us their trusted business partner of choice.
In that context, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices has initiated a transformative journey to combine a transactional business model (product selling) with a value-based organization (value selling). In which building long term strategic partnership with key customers is of paramount importance. Using multi-level stakeholder management, we use an “outside in” approach, to mirror the organization of our strategic customer and change the way we engage all the stakeholders involved in the new Value Based Health Care decision-making process.
Supporting our Depuy Synthes Franchise you will be responsible for:
- Leading the sign up to the Category Towers procurement frameworks and negotiating commercial contractual sign up with the customer
- Being considered the business authority in Category Tower Frameworks, having an in-depth understanding of the framework mechanisms, and matching these to the needs of the customer.
- Constructing growth-based pricing proposals through analysing customer and Health economic data and utilising the internal pricing matrices to execute our internal commercial strategy.
- Building positive relationships with non-clinical purchasing stakeholders to secure long-term sales growth for J&J Medical devices.
- Selling the J&J Medical device commercial proposition through the meaningful frameworks to develop long term partnership agreements.
- Working across the JJMD matrix (including the SAM, sales organisations, tenders and pricing team) to lead framework applications and ensuring their successful acceptance to the respective Tower frameworks.
- Being responsible for the data analysis which underpins these deals, illustrating and communicating the deal in a clear and concise manner to the customer
- Leading price, volume and mix and other commercial terms for Medical Device accounts in line with national strategy.
- Leading customer debt and pricing queries, drive contract compliance, framework sign ups and volume related band changes to frameworks across the Towers.
- Running quarterly pricing reviews with the account.
- Feedback environmental knowledge, market intelligence and sales opportunities to sales colleagues.
- Building the commercial proposal to drive the value-based agenda tailored to the individual trust
- Supporting the construction of Value-based deals and identify product and pricing-based benefits for customers in larger value deals
- Keeping up to date with market trends and focus on changes in funding and service delivery, which may affect the implementation of the J&J Commercial Strategy.
- Undertake specific projects as cooperated with the Commercial Director.
The Commercial Manager (CM) is responsible for leading all aspects of the internal and external commercial activity with NHS trusts. They are the experts in understanding the different routes to market across all franchises and for defining and driving commercial pricing strategies to win across all our Medical Device accounts.
Skills and competencies required:
- Notable executive presence coupled with the ability to design commercial solutions at all levels from board to board and beyond in the GB healthcare markets
- Strong commercial acumen evidenced by experience of working with or for the NHS
- Extensive experience and background in working with data to build commercial proposals within the medical device or Pharma industry or NHS / Private healthcare sector.
- Evidenced ability to deliver multi-layer “deal making” in healthcare
- Strong customer facing skill
- Incisive thinker, confident with concepts, analysis and commercial frameworks
- Ability to structure, lead and deliver change
- Team player with an enthusiastic, positive mindset, strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Consistent track record of successful engagement with clinical & non-clinical stakeholders on operational matters
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional matrix to successfully deliver objectives to time and budget
- A working understanding of the operative pathways in a hospital (commercial and purchasing).
- Passionate about doing an outstanding job for our customers
What type of mark will YOU make?
Your rare talents and perspectives can make a vital contribution to creative products that improve the lives of people everywhere. At Johnson & Johnson, our company's ethical character is defined by our people. We strive to attract people with strong, positive values and we develop, reinforce and reward those values. If our ethos is aligned to your values, then this could be the best career move for YOU.
Johnson & Johnson is a supporter of equal opportunities and is a proud member of Disability Confident.
We respectively request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. - fka -Ethicon Ltd. (7355)