As the world's largest and most broadly based healthcare company, we impact more than a billion lives through the innovation happening at 260+ companies located in 60 countries around the world. Teams from Johnson & Johnson’s consumer business are improving quality of life by creating digital tools to help people track the health of their skin. Those working in medical devices are 3-D printing artificial joints personalized for each patient, while researchers in pharmaceuticals are using AI to discover lifesaving drugs. We redefine what it means to be a big company in today’s world.
Who is Janssen? Simply put, we’re people; more than 35,000 working hard to treat, cure, stop and prevent some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time — from autoimmune diseases, hematology, oncology, HIV, mental disorders, heart disease and diabetes. We believe that challenging something is the best way to change it. So, every day, in more than 150 countries, we bring together cutting-edge science and the most creative minds in the industry to think differently about how diseases are treated and prevented. We aim not only to innovate but also to empower people with the tools they need to make informed decisions and achieve the best possible results for their health. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Country COMMERCIAL Director JANSSEN AUSTRIA (M/F)
For our local operating company with base in Vienna we are currently recruiting for a Commercial Director Austria
Reporting to the Managing Director, you are responsible for the short- and medium-term commercial success of a strategic portfolio of products and for the overall P&L of the Commercial Unit (CU) you are leading. You take strategic decisions on the CU product portfolio and on resource allocation (budget & headcount). In your function as people leader you build and develop a best-in-class commercial (Sales & Marketing) team and as a standing member of the local Management Board you represent Janssen to relevant internal & external stakeholders.
YOUR responsibilities & YOUR impact:
- Lead and steer the CU – consisting of several sub teams with dedicated product portfolio/therapeutic area responsibilities
- Ensure the short- and medium-term commercial success of the CU with full P&L responsibility
- Develop and deploy the local CU strategy in close collaboration with critical collaborators and partners locally (e.g. Medical Affairs, Market Access, Regulatory) and the central EMEA strategy team
- Strategic planning and operational execution of product launches within your CU
- Prioritize resources between assets to maximize market impact and to optimize budget & headcount allocation
- Shape Janssen Austria’s strategy and drive key initiatives as an active member of the local Management Board
- Develop partnerships with relevant external stakeholders - building strong visibility of Janssen as the preferred partner & leverage on existing network of KOLs
- Drive accountability, effective decision-making and empowerment to the lowest level possible
- Build & develop a top performing team by creating a high engagement & performance culture through continuous feedback, appraisal and coaching
- Foster development of innovative, customer- and patient-centric solutions across the entire organization leveraging digital technology
- Role model the Johnson & Johnson Credo and lead with compliant behavior according to our guidelines and local laws
We would love to hear from YOU, if you have:
- 7+ years relevant work experience within the healthcare industry, amongst these a minimum of 3 years of line management experience with P&L responsibility
- Academic degree in business and/or science
- In-line Marketing & Sales experience
- Experience in leading product launches successfully
- Working experience in various countries and regional/global role preferred
- Profound Therapeutic Area-, disease- & market knowledge
- Proven track record of commercial leadership working within matrixed environments and cross functional teams
- Experienced people leader with strong track record in talent development
- Outstanding business acumen and strategic thinking
- Highly agile (mental, results, change and people agility as well as leadership agility)
- Impactful influencer, passionate networker and communicator
- Demonstrated ability to work with Key Opinion Leaders and external stakeholders
- Fluency in German and English required
- Willingness to travel up to 30%
The well-being and development of our employees are central aspects of our company creed. Individuals who would like to fully realize their potential as part of our international, innovation-driven corporate family and who aspire to have challenging work, will find that our company provides just the right conditions. We consider intensive initial training, further education that is tailored to our employees' work and excellent opportunities for development - both nationally and internationally - to be just as essential as a good work-life balance, attractive compensation and above-average employee benefits. One aspect that distinguishes our company is the large number of measures we have to support our trainees and promote career development in ways that are also compatible with family life.
We offer excellent conditions of employment and possibilities for further career growth within our company. For this position we are offering an annual gross salary starting at 94000 EUR (excl. variable component). Depending on your skills, qualifications and experience this can be negotiated.
Janssen Cilag Pharma GmbH (8558)