As the world's largest and most broadly based healthcare company, we impact more than a billion lives through the innovation happening at 260+ companies located in 60 countries around the world. Teams from Johnson & Johnson’s consumer business are improving quality of life by creating digital tools to help people track the health of their skin. Those working in medical devices are 3-D printing artificial joints personalized for each patient, while researchers in pharmaceuticals are using AI to discover lifesaving drugs. We redefine what it means to be a big company in today’s world.
Who is Janssen? Simply put, we’re people; more than 35,000 working hard to treat, cure, stop and prevent some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time — from autoimmune diseases, hematology, oncology, HIV, mental disorders, heart disease and diabetes. We believe that challenging something is the best way to change it. So, every day, in more than 150 countries, we bring together cutting-edge science and the most creative minds in the industry to think differently about how diseases are treated and prevented. We aim not only to innovate but also to empower people with the tools they need to make informed decisions and achieve the best possible results for their health. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Manager Communication & Public Affairs Janssen Austria (M/F)
As a Communications & Public Affairs Manager Janssen Austria (m/f), you will be responsible for the strategic planning, development and implementation of external and internal communication and public affairs strategies that engage and influence internal and external stakeholders across Janssens’ six therapeutic areas; protect and enhance the reputation and support the growth objectives of Janssen in Austria.
YOUR responsibilities & YOUR impact:
- Develop and implement Communication and Public Affairs strategies to strengthen the corporate image and reputation of Janssen as a thought leader, breakthrough innovator, and a trusted partner for healthcare system.
- Develop and implement a corporate communication strategy which translates our company strategy into a compelling narrative for external audiences
- Support the delivery of communication plans for priority therapeutic areas, including the launch of new products, line extensions and new indications; work in partnership with key members of the Integrated Brand Teams to ensure that the communications strategy is aligned to commercial objectives.
- Develop an understanding of product, therapeutic area and market knowledge in Austria to anticipate and respond to changes and identify communications opportunities for the business.
- Implement internal communications strategies that drive employee engagement; manage and generate content and editorial plans for the employee communication channels.
- Responsible for the content of Janssen Austria’s digital channels.
- Maintain deep understanding of current issues in the environment affecting Janssen and its brands as well as the broader J&J enterprise; maintain stakeholder trust through effective management of issues.
- Responsible for reactive communication and identifying opportunities for proactive media outreach.
- Work closely with the Janssen Alpine Leadership Team and provide strategic advice for the local senior leaders regarding all aspects of external and internal communications. Develop and implement communication tools to support change management programs as needed.
- Identify and apply key outcomes and metrics to communication practices, and provide insights that improve quality, performance and key capabilities; benchmark activity with appropriate external targets
We would love to hear from YOU, if you have:
- Bachelor degree required, Advanced degree preferred
- Communication or journalism school an advantage
- Proven performer with 8+ years of experience managing communication in a Pharmaceutical company, NGO, government agency or public relations agency; proven track record of successful public relations/communications, corporate communication, product communication, public affairs, and/or media relations achievements
- Demonstrated ability to build deep, authentic relationships and strong influence with internal and external stakeholders
- Project Management skills
- Experience in crisis/issues management
- Experience dealing with national and local lay media, professional/trade media
- Understanding of digital and social platforms
- Strategic thinking and analytical ability
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize; work to tight deadlines
- Excellent oral and written skills in main working languages of English and German
- Experience in managing budgets and resource allocation across large critical projects
The well-being and development of our employees are central aspects of our company creed. Individuals who would like to fully realize their potential as part of our international, innovation-driven corporate family and who aspire to have challenging work, will find that our company provides just the right conditions. We consider intensive initial training, further education that is tailored to our employees' work and excellent opportunities for development - both nationally and internationally - to be just as essential as a good work-life balance, attractive compensation and above-average employee benefits. One aspect that distinguishes our company is the large number of measures we have to support our trainees and promote career development in ways that are also compatible with family life.
We offer excellent conditions of employment and possibilities for further career growth within our company. For this position we are offering an annual gross salary starting at 62500 EUR (excl. variable component). Depending on your skills, qualifications and experience this can be negotiated.
Janssen Cilag Pharma GmbH (8558)