About the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies
Johnson & Johnson is a company committed to doing good for the world. We blend Heart, Science and Ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
Johnson&Johnson Vision is a leading global optical company that develops life changing techniques for all ages. We provide eye surgeons and their patients with a complete solution that includes a range of advanced products and services developed to help people of all ages with sight defects. We offer market leading technique for laser surgery, equipment for cataract operations and intraocular lenses. We also offer a program for education and support that help eye surgeons to master the full range of the technology.
Johnson&Johnson Vision in Uppsala produce the ophthalmic viscoelastic device Healon. We manufacture our products from scratch. A substance is produced from raw materials and is through different steps in production processed to finished products. The whole process takes several days and monitored closely. A variety of quality assurance measures are made continuously. It is important that the product is free from particles, fibers and odor. Improvements to the product and the process are made continuously to lift the organization to a more efficient level and to position ourselves in front of our competitors. At our site in Uppsala, there are many different tasks and employees with different experiences and skills. We are about 120 employees located in Uppsala and 8 400 employees worldwide within Johnson&Johnson Vision.
We are looking for an automation engineer to the production engineering department. In this role you will be part of the site’s production engineering team. You will lead, execute and/or support the site’s activities with continues improvements, new automation systems, management of existing systems and complex problem solving. You will also be involved in projects regarding new equipment and systems. We comply with GMP requirements, which means a great focus on documentation.
Objectives of the Position
- Lead/participate in automation projects (e.g., SCADA).
- Define automation requirements and review automation design specifications
- Participate in validation of automation systems.
- Participate in defining the automation strategy.
- Management of existing automation systems and support system owners in case of automation problems.
- Work with developments regarding automation systems.
- Participate in regulatory inspections as subject matter expert (SME) for automation systems.
- Coordinate for overall site health and application environment.
- Interacts with MLL (Manufacture Lab Logistics) personnel to problem-solve future-state requirements.
- Serves as source of functional understanding of processes, tools, and integration of plant equipment with application platforms (e.g., Wonderware, WinCC Siemens), as well as MLL business knowledge.
- Interacts with multiple MLL stakeholders – Execution systems, plant engineers and technicians and MLL IT.
- Service request coordination related to Global Service Desk services.
- Master of Science degree or Bachelor´s degree in Automation Engineering/IT (required).
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within life science industry (preferred).
- Experience of production engineering, process development, technical trials, and knowledge in process automation systems is an advantage.
- Have expert knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 (required).
- Professional level in both Swedish and English (required).
- Good skills in technical documentation (e.g manuals and instructions) (required).
- Good knowledge of Microsoft based platform, (e.g., ADFS, ADDS, Folder security structure) (preferred).
What you will need to succeed
We believe our candidate has good technical understanding as well as a solution-oriented attitude. It is essential that you have good communicative ability and understand the importance of building effective collaborations with various functions internally and externally. To be successful you should be able to independently plan, lead, and take responsibility for your work and have the ability to lead assignments and projects.
Are you ready to impact the world?
Johnson & Johnson offers an unusual experience to professionals looking for an opportunity to work with hardworking people who share your real passion for caring in an environment that empowers you to drive your own career.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an updated CV and Cover letter. The selection process will start during the standard 30-days posting period, please send in your application as soon as possible. We reserve the rights to close the advert earlier. All applicants can expect feedback on the application.
This posting is not open for external recruiter/sourcing agencies. Please respect this by not approach Hiring Manager if you are a representative of an agency.
AMO Uppsala AB (8507)