1. Overall Responsibilities.
- The BE Associate Director will be responsible for developing and implementing short and long-term improvement projects (focused on Operations Excellence and business processes and the associated systems) for plant operations. This position will work with the Site Leadership Team to create a single vision for the organization in terms of the best use of current and future processes to build a world-class manufacturing site.
- Drive Operation Excellence culture and capability building through JJPS and other associated BE programs.
2. Program Development Strategy
- Form BE perspective, this individual will develop long-term and short-term strategies based on internal and external processes to create significant and sustained value for our systems and processes. This requires close cross-functional partnership with internal and external business partners, as well as other cross sector functional leaders, to develop and achieve alignment on a single strategic vision for world-class manufacturing processes that the organization relies on to do its day-to-day activities (internal & external).
- This individual will be responsible for the driving and implementation of process improvement-related programs to meet organizational needs, while ensuring compliance with global processes and standards.
- This individual will also lead the effort in for program management activities from business process and systems improvement projects through launching solutions and post market support.
- Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- This individual will be responsible for providing leadership in the following areas:
- Digital Manufacturing Systems, Manufacturing and Business process- improvement projects to meet Car 2 revised targets
- Developing governance, roadmap and timeline for improvement projects that will lead to meeting Car 2 revised targets by year 2020
- Developing scorecard and tracking system and periodic reporting to the Plant GM.
- Leading cross-functional teams to ensure every improvement project gets adequate resources, clear responsibilities and accountabilities, and meets J&J global process protocols and standards.
- Driving discussion and issue resolution for each improvement project including escalation to the Plant GM, Regional and Global Leadership teams.
- Cost-competitive programs involving outsourcing deployment to meet regional cost targets
- Developing and driving roadmap for contractor and vendor capabilities to support overall site operations.
- Leading and aligning with all stakeholders including the Regional Leadership team in the development of outsourcing models and timelines.
- Leading the outsourcing model to improve the site efficiencies and to achieve site competitive targets.
- Focusing on plant operation efficiency and other associated improvement projects.
- Leading and supporting plant efficiency projects and ensuring that all adequate plant support for validation and commercialization works by working closely with all relevant functions. This include develop new programs to drive and achieve the targeted plant efficiency.
- Lead and ensure successful validation of Primary Re-Pack products in alignment with new site change regulation.
- Driving all plant-related improvement projects by coordinating with project leaders and operations team leaders.
- To be responsible for the governance of below programs which include the plant Kaizen program, Culture Building, Yellow, Green and Black Belt program, Cost Competitive Workshop, and the JJPS program. This position is responsible for the plant operation review meeting and the interpretation of the plant metrics to identify gaps and areas of improvement. This position will also need to identify areas of improvement required by the plant to move the plant towards a E2E High Performing Team in operational excellence.
- Bachelor degree and above, Engineering, Pharmaceutical, chemical related majors
- 3 years working experiences in pharmaceutical industry, more than 8 years working experiences in MNC
- Fluent in written and spoken Local Language (ideal not a must); Must = Fluent in written and spoken English
- Broad and generic expertise and knowledge in manufacturing operation process design, Process Excellence, Change Management, Finance Management and business analytics. Ability to influence several management levels in new programs and processes
- Ability to lead cross functional team
- Ability to manage complexity and change
- Ability to interact at different levels of the organization.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle conflicting interests, and take decisions
- Ability to work independently under general direction, having a good sense of prioritization of assigned tasks goals and manage time accordingly
- Ability to create a result oriented (project) team
- Focus on costumer and business
- Collaboration and teaming
- Organization & talent development
- Good internal & external communication skills
China-Shaanxi-Xi'an-19 Caotang 4th Road, Caotang Science and Technology Industrial Base, Xi'an High-tech Zone
Xian-Janssen Pharmaceutical Ltd. (7043)