The Clinical Pack & Label department, a division of the CSC (Clinical Supply Chain) organization is part of the global Janssen Research & Development organization within Johnson & Johnson. This department is responsible for clinical packaging for all clinical studies of J&J.
The activities include primary and secondary packaging activities internally on the Beerse Campus and with our external partners through a global network.
For our department in Beerse, Belgium we are looking for an enthusiastic colleague for the position of:
P&L MST Packaging Design Staff Engineer
The Pack & Label MST Design Staff Engineer into the MST P&L group will be specifically responsible
- technical setup of kit design and specific requirements from a P&L perspective including label design
- packaging configuration and coordination of P&L requirements from a technical perspective internally and with external partners
- ensure the delivery of high quality packaging elements to the Clinical Supply Chain within the agreed upon timelines.
- ensure the introduction of new compounds in the Packaging and Labelling area coordinating teams involved and facilitating the delivery to the patients.
You will be responsible for activities that are not limited to:
- coordinate the implementation of a new pack design in the internal packaging environment.
- coordinate the implementation of a new medical Device (e.g syringes, plunger rod, needle guard etc. ) design in the internal packaging environment.
- work with different sub team in CSC organization
- work with different sub departments in the P&L group to realize the new pack design.
- coordinate the transfer of a pack design, that will be new to an external partner.
- support outsourcing P&L from a technical perspective when needed e.g. incident investigations, new equipment validations & qualifications, new packaging materials that are required.
- be accountable for a successful introduction of a new pack design internally and externally.
- work closely with pack development team when a new material for a new study need to be validated or testing need to be done (internal and for external vendors)
- coordinate or be part of the team that implements new equipment (internal or external) that is required for a new study or specific demand.
- Be project lead or assist project lead in having the correct P&L requirements and URS, having the equipment ordered, have overview and follow up of the budget and follow up delivery and qualification, validation and start-up of the equipment.
- This engineer can be involved or consulted in sourcing decisions related to pack & label activities.
- be involved or have a specific role in projects related to P&L activities and innovation
- lead new initiatives in line with the Process Excellence Methodology to improve the packaging components (i.e. systems, design and machinability) process to optimize quality, compliance and the timely delivery.
- understand and set correct priorities, check points and time frames for packaging components projects including possible metrics.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)