DePuy Synthes, a $10 billion franchise within Johnson & Johnson, is a market-leader in the Orthopaedic implants industry.
This role is focused on providing financial support to the DePuy Synthes Planning organization in relation to US/Swiss Spend, Headcount and Capital. Providing excellent financial governance in the above areas, this is a key role to support the achievement of business and cashflow targets.
The role requires an ambitious, continuous improvement attitude, that will drive improvements in core activities, improved business relationships and that will participate in the crafting of future initiatives for the team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Financial Reporting & Forecasting:
Providing financial leadership and governance to lead US/Swiss Planning organisation spend and headcount; the key responsibilities include:
• Supporting month end activities for cost centres within remit
• Provision of monthly/quarterly reporting and analysis of DePuy Synthes Plan Spend, Headcount.
• Provision of all financial data for the monthly Plan Leadership team reviews.
• Support all major financial forecasting cycles (Business Plan, Quarterly Financial Updates, Long Range Financial Plan)
• Build positive relationships with the global Finance community driving consistent reporting and standardisation.
Global Finance business partner to the Planning organization, the key responsibilities include:
• Providing financial leadership
• Co-ordinate and govern Financial reviews with business partners
• Review, communicate, cascades key performance targets to the business leaders
• Collaborating with and supporting IT, FP&A & other functional areas, as required
• Participating in key meetings
Act as finance lead on a wide variety of supply chain projects and initiatives; the key responsibilities include:
• Provision of financial support and leadership at all stages of a project from scoping through to execution and post implementation
• Preparation of business cases and Capital Appropriation Request (CAR) documentation, and presentation of CAR financials to Senior Managers and Directors through the CAR approval process
• Finance work stream lead on multi location/multi organization teams, connecting and collaborating to drive innovative solutions and deliver excellent results
• Financial management of project spend, crafting and rolling out a process to ensure all costs are booked against the relevant CAR, and providing regular spend analysis and forecast updates to senior sponsors through the life time of the project
• Regular communication with WW Tax Group to ensure compliance with Tax Models and Strategies in all Supply Chain
• Develop, enhance and implement models to improve the accuracy of financial reporting and improve decision making processes suitable for the fast-paced environment
• Participate in process improvements, ranging from streamlining existing processes to initiatives that add value in the broader context
• Support the strategic initiatives under the remit of the team
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelors degree or equivalent
• Qualified ACCA, ACA or CIMA accountant
• 2+ years of relevant multinational experience
• Exposure to operations through working with the business in a global supply chain environment
• Supply chain finance experience in Medical device or Pharmaceutical industry.
• Proven track record in a multi-cultural business partnering
• Results driven with a strong ownership and accountability for deliverables
• Strong organization skills and an aptitude for planning.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
• Accuracy with attention to detail
• Proven record of driving continuous improvements in execution.
• Proactive, energetic and enthusiastic approach
• Ability to build effective business relationships
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EXTENSIVE LIST OF THE JOB HOLDERS RESPONSIBILITIES.
Depuy (Ireland) Limited (7386)