At Johnson & Johnson we blend heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity. In Japan we have been working to solve the health needs of the consumers, patients and the broader community for over 70 years. With a presence across the country, manufacturing sites, community programs and strong partnerships Consumer Health Japan is committed to addressing the unmet needs of patients and consumers across Japan.
Engaging the community, health care professionals, industry and government stakeholders and our employees is critical to this effort. The Communication & Public Affairs Consumer Health Leader Japan is responsible for the cooperative development of the key reputation public relations and public affairs strategies for Japan. The role requires an ongoing, proactive and thoughtful assessment of the external communications environment, business priorities and key trends to plan, develop and implement impactful communication programs.
Develop and execute strategic public relations, public affairs and employee engagement programs that will advance Johnson & Johnson Consumer Health’s agenda and business objectives in Japan. As a member of the Johnson & Johnson Consumer Health Leadership Team, direct strategic PR planning and tactical oversight for the Consumer Health product portfolio priorities and product pipeline, media relations, reputation management and employee communications. Lead the development of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Health’s narrative in Japan with senior leadership team and connect various stakeholders to advocate for proactive Consumer Health priorities. Act as Johnson & Johnson Consumer Health media spokesperson in Japan and ensure Japan senior leaders are trained and engaged in media interviews that will advance business objectives. Develop and implement internal communications strategies that align and inspire employees to build a culture of innovation with a growth mindset to deliver market-leading performance. Partner with Johnson & Johnson Japan President’s Council, cross-sector communications leaders, Human Resources and Government Affairs and Policy Teams as needed to support enterprise reputation initiatives.
- Responsible for leading the development and execution of Consumer Health Japan’s overarching internal and external communications strategy. These responsibilities include public relations public affairs, media relations, issues management, reputation and stakeholder development, internal leader communications and employee engagement.
- Act as a strategic business partner and provide ongoing senior-level communication counsel to support engagement with external audiences to bolster the reputation of Consumer Health in Japan
- Serve as member of Consumer Health Leadership Team to help steer business and sell-in communication programs that will drive reputation and business results.
- Play an active role in nurturing a culture that is grounded in the Johnson & Johnson Credo and the behaviors expected from the Johnson & Johnson Consumer Health organization
- Work closely with the regional Communications Team and marketing colleagues to develop and implement integrated, multi-stakeholder communication and public relations programs to drive business objectives and enhance the company’s reputation.
- Pursues the development of new and emerging communications channels to ensure impact in a cluttered, consumer empowered marketplace.
- As needed, supports One J&J Japan communications for Human Resources and Government Affairs initiatives that further enhance J&J’s reputation as a premier employer and an innovator to significantly advance the trajectory of health for humanity.
Qualifications and Key Requirements (skills, competencies, experiences, certifications)
- Minimum 15 years of experience in communication with a focus on consumer or healthcare communications, branded PR campaigns, public affairs, media relations, issues management, and employee engagement communications
- Track record contributing to influencing the decision-making of senior leaders
- Public affairs acumen, including ability to conceive programs that join diverse stakeholders to deliver on a common public interest
- Experience working in highly regulated environment and a demonstrated understanding of the regional health authorities; experience in the medical device arena preferred
- Experience in delivering measurable business outcomes for both professional- and consumer-facing PR programs
- Experience managing branded PR campaigns
- Experience working in a matrix environment and driving results through influence
- Demonstrates expert judgment and is sought after as an expert
- Experience managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced and matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to oversee agency partners
- Demonstrated ability to navigate ambiguous situations
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
Johnson & Johnson K.K. (8235)