Overall purpose of job:
The Logistics Procurement Manager shall lead tender events and be the sub category leader in APAC. The individual shall lead all strategic supplier engagements and relationship management under the logistics procurement category. Additionally, leads complex regional cross-sector Warehouse & Distribution 3PL tenders in Asia Pacific (AP) working closely with in‐country warehouse & distribution teams to conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis on tender proposals and continuous improvement initiatives. This role shall be based in Japan and supports APAC region as part of key responsibilities.
The role will support and implement the regional network consolidation strategy and will be responsible for the negotiations of the Master Services Agreement (Part A) with identified suppliers.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
APAC Sub Category lead: Domestic Transportation
· Develop, maintain and owns the APAC Domestic Transportation playbook. The playbook details all the aspects of Domestic Transportation including various modes such as Trucking, Rail, Air and Ship within a border.
· Develop and maintain tender bidding template that aligns to global/regional requirements. This includes key measurements and maintains benchmarks.
· Maintain profile of strategic suppliers for all this sub-category that includes spent, capabilities as well as footprint.
· Internal single point of contact for APAC connecting to global teams or markets.
· Identifies supplier opportunities, and monitors suppliers and industry news.
· Manages complex Warehouse & Distribution 3PL tenders cross sector for AP, ensuring compliance with the regional tender process including developing warehouse & distribution profiles, and conducting supplier evaluations and cost analyses.
· Develops and implements sourcing strategies to achieve cost, quality and compliance objectives.
· Ensures that in‐country project team members understand the tender process and are adequately supported to carry out the tasks allocated to them.
· Drives internal stakeholder communication and alignment by providing timely updates on the project status and presenting tender recommendations to stakeholders for approval.
· Ensures that contracts are in place for all 3PL relationships regionally and that a standard regional contract template is deployed for all new contracts.
· Identifies opportunities for, and supports the execution of, regional LEAN and optimization projects for the warehouse and distribution landscape through analysis of throughput volume, inventory holdings, delivery profiles, customer service requirements, and operational productivities.
· Supports and implements the regional network consolidation strategy.
· Implements and deploys the Regional Master Service Agreement and target negotiation.
· Accountability for any special projects as assigned by category leader.
Essential knowledge and skills:
· Undergraduate degree in engineering, business or supply chain disciplines required.
· 3-5 years of working experience in supply chain management, warehousing & logistics or related field
· At least 7- 10 years of Sourcing or procurement experience in the logistics category (Warehousing, transportation, and freight) and managing categories over 100 million of spend.
· Proven track record of Supplier Relationship management in Asia Pacific.· In‐depth understanding of supply chain processes including importation, warehousing & transportation and order management.
· Demonstration of analytical and problem‐solving skills, interpersonal and team skill, and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
· Demonstrated strong leadership capabilities and the ability to work effectively in a diverse environment
· Strong interest in the commercial and customer aspects of the business
· High level of discipline, integrity, honesty, reliability and maturity in character
· Results & performance driven, sense of urgency and big picture orientation
· Project management disciplines Lean / Six Sigma / FPX· High fluency and competency in Japanese language required for this role.
Johnson & Johnson K.K. (8235)