We at Janssen Pharma, part of Johnson & Johnson, develop, manufacture and provide patient access to medicine, that help people lead longer and healthier lives.
Our research & development organization in Japan manages an R&D project portfolio, across a broad range of Disease Areas (Oncology, Immunology, Neuroscience, CVM, Infectious Disease & Vaccines, Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension).
As a member of Janssen Japan R&D (JJRD) Finance, you will be part of the team that performs operational finance activities and provide financial leadership related to R&D projects, in order to maximize the value of the assets in the drug portfolio.
You will be required to build and maintain relationships with both internal and external business partners, accurately and timely report results, build realistic and data driven forecasts, provide financial analytics to support business decisions and ensure that internal and external commitments are met. Also, it includes being part of a global organization and working in an international environment, practicing English and participating in regional and global meetings.
Critical success factors for this role include the ability to connect in a virtual/multi-campus environment with business partners, to function and to communicate successfully in a matrix organization, and to identify and highlight insights that influence business decisions and processes.
This position reports to the Finance Manager of JJRD and has close working relationships with the local R&D team, and local and international finance colleagues.
Being part of the JJRD Finance Team puts you in a unique position, to developed new finance skills, learn about diseases and chemical/biological compounds, and learn how this world-class and very successful organization conducts research to create the next generation of medicines.
Role and responsibilities:
- Partner with various local and global stakeholders on R&D project valuations, portfolio and resource optimization decisions, and the assessment and manage of financial risk.
- Contribute to financial planning/forecasting, analyses & management reporting and provide financial advisory support to JJRD stakeholders, to create full transparency of information in support of optimal business decisions.
- Maintain, manage and enhance our data and information systems.
- Lead and participate in (strategic) projects.
- Champion of continuous improvement, finding innovative ways to improve processes and use of our IT tools.
- Build bridges between finance and the functions we support, in terms of working relationship and continuous two-way education.
- Assist Finance Manager with all finance aspects of JJRD, in close cooperation with local & global Finance Team members.
- Perform period closing processes, including management of intercompany transactions, in line with J&J policies and practice. Note: the financial services centers and COEs in Suzhou and Manilla are leveraged for processing of transactional work and tax/statutory activities.
Janssen Pharmaceutical K.K. (7195)