Laboratory Supervisor @ J&J Surgical Vision Groningen
J&J Surgical Vision in Groningen is the Center of Excellence for the development of innovative solutions for the surgical ophthalmic market, mainly intraocular lenses (IOLs). The site is responsible for the design and manufacture of these products.
Do you want to contribute on the edge of quality, driving product and new technology development from a Quality perspective? Do you have affinity with medical devices, like to work in an agile and ambitious environment? Our Quality Assurance department is currently looking for a Laboratory Supervisor to strengthen our team.
The position of Laboratory Supervisor
Within our quality department there are several areas of focus. In this role your main area of focus is the Laboratory environment. This includes Microbiology and Quality Control and Optical/Mechanical Laboratories.
As a Laboratory Supervisor you will lead a team of laboratory related staff. Also, you will supervise the deployment of the Quality Systems within the primary areas of responsibility to ensure compliance and to ensure continuity of the manufacturing process and research and development projects.
- Lead a team of approx. 8-10 people, responsible for hiring, talent development and performance review.
- Responsible for resource capabilities and priority management for the laboratories.
- Ensure that all direct personnel are properly trained to perform their assigned functions in accordance with applicable procedures.
- Ensure the execution of validation and verification activities associated with process, equipment and test methods.
- Oversea initiation and investigation of non-conforming laboratory test results as well as escalate alerts and quality issues to management. Lead or aid in the execution as needed (Laboratory Investigations, Nonconformances, CAPA).
- Create and review quality documents and standard operating procedures, as needed.
- Reports on progress and metrics periodically and reports in Management Reviews on the subjects under their control.
- Suggests continuous improvements for laboratory operations and efficiency, including quality and cost improvement projects that support business goals. Prioritizes and executes by benchmarking and using best practices.
We have an experienced team, a challenging work environment and are among the absolute forerunner in the IOL market. As a future colleague, we want you to match within the following criteria:
- A minimum of 5 -7 years of experience with at least 2 years supervising experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in a relevant field of education, e.g. engineering, microbiology or chemistry
- Knowledge of GMP and ISO 13485.
- Knowledge of Laboratory testing, laboratory equipment qualification and test method validation, including data integrity requirements
- Knowledge of ETO sterilization processes is a pre
- Proven leadership skills, connects well with team and peers
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to drive and achieve quality and compliance improvements
- Good analytical ability, provides structure and standardization
- Self-driven and service driven
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in the Dutch and English language
Please send your application including a motivation letter.
AMO Groningen BV (8358)