As part of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, MENTOR® is one of the world’s leading maker of high-quality breast implants for over 30 years, it has been the trusted choice by millions of women worldwide. Our track record of quality and innovation allows us to go above and beyond industry standards. The Company develops, manufactures, and markets innovative, science-based products for aesthetics markets around the world. Mentor's breast implants are for use in both breast augmentation and breast reconstruction and are of the highest quality and made under strict standards of design and testing.
Trains and qualifies, where applicable, direct manufacturing personnel following the corresponding procedures and using documents, materials, and tools relevant to the different operations they support. Enables skills development through training, certification and coaching in the Job Instruction (JI) skill set for SMEs (subject matter experts) / certified associates acting as on the job trainer. Manages Compliance Wire (CW) data related to the certification process supported in the company. Partners with management to evaluate the effectiveness of current training practices. Helps in the identification of skills that should be focused on to improve site training efficiency and productivity.
Under general direction and in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations and Corporate Johnson & Johnson, procedures and guidelines, this position:
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures compliance to the quality policy in all activities
- Knows and complies with all safety regulations established by the company.
- Executes and/or coordinates training plan for production areas assigned in alignment with Operations
- Conducts New Hire Orientation as needed (theory and practical)
- Maintains Training Reports & Records
- Manages Training Curriculum applicable to their designated area
- Enters data into Compliance Wire if needed
- Assists in establishing and maintaining training curriculums for all positions in the plant.
- Must be able to work flexible schedules occasionally to accommodate training delivery needs
- Qualify as Train the Trainer to deliver training
- Evaluates, monitors and coaches the quality of delivery of Job Instruction from JI instructors to associates.
- Participates in testing the effectiveness of JBS via stress test prior to routing.
- Drafts, Revises and Coaches others in the drafting of Job Breakdown Sheets (JBS) for new or old jobs ensuring adherence to guidelines and best practices.
- Trains associates for frontline jobs using the TWI Job Instruction method as applicable
- Performs training coordinator tasks when applicable
- Helps in the identification of skills that should be focused on to improve site training efficiency and productivity
- If applicable, responsible for the positive retrieval documentation process
- If applicable, subscribes in the Documentation System to all applicable documents for their designated area
- Executes any other activity required by Senior Training Leader
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Degree or equivalent is required
- 2-4 years related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office —Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Certified in TWI (Training within Industry Methodology) is preferred
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES and AFFILIATIONS.
- Full professional proficiency in Dutch (verbally and in writing)
- Professional working proficiency in English (verbally and in writing)
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Presentation skills knowledge and ability
- Adaptability & flexibility
- Patience & persistence
- Respect of fellow employees
- Caring & concern
- Motivator & enthusiastic
- Well organized
- Taking responsibility
- Good listener
- Quality Management System
Act as a delegate when required for Senior Training Leader
RESPONSIBILITY FOR OTHERS & INTERNAL INTERACTIONS
This position reports to the site Training Leader
This position will have mainly interactions with production departments as well as Quality operations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally is required to work in a regulated controlled manufacturing environment using company provided garments and safety equipment. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee performs routine office and operations demands including computer operation. Routine office and operations including computer usage are required.
This position may require up to 10% travel.
Location required to be in Mentor Leiden, The Netherlands.
The position is an SME in Training and might participate in External audits when required both planned and unplanned.
Mentor Medical Systems, B.V. (8808)
Training & Development