‘Caring for the world, one person at a time ‘… inspires and unite the people of Johnson & Johnson, we embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people
Janssen Pharmaceutica is part of Johnson & Johnson and is responsible for bringing innovative medicines towards patients throughout the world.
The Clinical Supply Chain Department (CSC) is part of the Pharmaceutical Development organization (DPDS) and plays a crucial role in delivering medicines to our patients during the development phase of a new product. Within CSC, the Pilot Plants are responsible for the upscaling and finetuning of processes which result in the successful production of new Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API’s) or Drug Product (DP).
Janssen has four state of the art Pilot Plants located on three sites. In Belgium there are an API and DP pilot plant in Beerse and Geel and there is a DP pilot plant in Schaffhausen/ Switzerland.
For our DP pilot plant in Beerse we are looking for a
This role will report to the Director Drug Product Pilot Plant - CSC and will be based in Beerse.
The Senior Operations manager is responsible for the operations organization delivering products and the corresponding documentation in line with Safety, Health, Environment and-Q-regulations and customer requirements. The Senior Operations Manager will give direction, support and actively coach the team and team members during their journey towards more autonomy, partnership and co-ownership resulting in shared leadership.
- Manages on a daily basis the activities within the DP Pilot Plant.
- Ensures supervision and coaching of area supervisors and operations optimization lead.
- Acts as a servant leader according to the operational priorities: Safety – Quality – Reliability and productivity. This in close collaboration with all functions and stakeholders.
- Lives the Credo and J&J values actively and continuously expands his/her knowledge and the expertise of his/her team. Talent development is key for him/her-self but also for every individual in his/her team
- Has a good safety and quality mindset. Maintains the operations under his/her responsibility in compliance with SHE and GMP regulations, evaluates production performance on a day to day basis and takes action where needed. Represents the Pilot Plant as a spokesperson during audits and inspections.
- Continuously monitors changing needs linked to a development, clinical operational environment and sets priorities accordingly. Assures flexibility and agility in organization and processes to anticipate accordingly.
- Ensures that key performance indicators regarding SHE – Q – Reliability and cost are met in alignment with DPDS-CSC strategy and objectives. Initiates action to prevent missed commitments. Examines production and operating reports and oversees actions taken to resolve safety, quality and operational problems.
- Is a champion in the implementation of a continuous improvement culture, continuously challenges the status quo and leads the development and implementation of initiatives that improve overall organizational performance in a sustainable way.
- Builds a culture of high engagement at all levels in his organization.
- Delivers input to the DP Pilot Plant Director for preparing the yearly budget cycle and manages the cost according to the approved budget.
- Act as a single point of contact with stakeholders within DPDS and JSC.
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Sciences or equivalent.
- At least 8 to 10 years working experience, preferably in the Chemical/Pharmaceutical industry.
- Experienced in leading teams in high technology environments
- Strong mindset for Health and Safety and Environment regulations and guidelines.
- Strong quality mindset and compliance orientation, clear understanding of compliance requirements (cGMP and other specific legislation/guidelines applicable to the API /Finished product, internal J&J requirements & guidelines).
- Successful in Lean practices, such as Change Management, Continuous Improvement, …
- Passionate people leader, must be capable of managing the various aspects of leadership and personnel strategy in technical environment with various categories of staff. Engaging energy and enthusiasm in teams and people all over the department and organization.
- Excellent communicator, able to build a network and create win-win solutions both in internal, cross departmental and cross site contacts.
- Able to operate within a matrix organization.
- Fluency in Dutch and in English (spoken and written).
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)