At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal
For Janssen Benelux we are recruiting a Field Access Manager (FAM). In this position you are responsible for managing current and future access of (key) brands to the hospitals through managing the the complete spectrum of stakeholders in hospitals involved in hospital access, development of the right strategies and tactics to obtain hospital access incl. commercial contracts.
Your key responsibilities:
- Contributes to market access for our drugs on hospital level. Responsible for establishing and maintaining long-lasting relationships with hospital pharmacists and other hospital employees involved in drug budgeting and reimbursement.
- Responsibility to close commercial contracts between hospitals (or hospital buying groups) and Janssen ensuring the access for patients to our medicines in Dutch hospitals.
- Responsible for ensuring capturing insights regarding hospital
buying behaviour in the Dutch access strategies and operations. The FAM will
contribute to continuously monitor our competitive position in hospitals
including optimal patient access.
When working in the accounts, a continuous connection to our Account and Sales Managers and Strategic Account Managers is a prerequisite. In case of contracts with Dutch HICs or between HICs, hospital (groups) and Janssen, the FAM works together with the HIC manager and other involved colleagues to establish such contracts.
- Given the three levels of access that are relevant to the Netherlands, there is a clear responsibility to connect with our HEMAR function and with the HIC manager to jointly contribute to our overarching access strategies and translate these into aligned operations at hospital, HIC and governmental levels. In drawing up the strategy, connection to other internal stakeholders (like our medical department or business intelligence) is also of key importance.
- The FAM contributes to designing new (contracting) models that fit to the future needs of Dutch stakeholders, e.g. to the move to outcomes-based or other innovative contracts. In doing so, he connects internally as well as externally to partners required to co-shape innovative HIC propositions, e.g. with RWE, VBHC, external parties capturing data, registries, etc. The FAM plays an educative role towards the current Contract Managers in order to contribute to innovative contracting in the near future.
- Broad knowledge of the Dutch healthcare system (hospitals, health care insurers, pharma companies), its access dynamics and its evolution.
- Strong insights in the way of working of hospital procurement and financial functions in a hospital
- Working experience at one or more of the Dutch hospitals is a pre.
- Able to build strong relationships, while building on up-to-date contentual and contextual knowledge. Proven track-record of developing impactful business partnerships.
- Strong sales skills, tough negotiator (in pharma/health care business is an advantage.), experience in a commercial role is an advantage.
- String analytical skills and Excel skills .
- Knowledge of the (Dutch / EU) competion laws.
- A strong background in sales or account management is required.
- Proven performer with >5 years of experience in the healthcare business.
- Proven track record of collaboration with stakeholders across multiple levels of an internal (corporate) organization as well as external environment.
- Must exhibit behaviours aligned with the J&J Leadership Imperatives.
Janssen-Cilag Netherlands (8345)