Johnson & Johnson is the largest and most broadly-based healthcare company in the world. We’re producing life-changing breakthroughs every day and have been for the last 130 years.
The combination of new technologies and your expertise enables amazing things to happen. Teams from J&J’s consumer business are creating digital tools to help people track the health of their skin. Those working in medical devices are 3-D printing artificial joints personalized for each patient, while researchers in pharmaceuticals use AI to discover lifesaving drugs. Imagine what the rest of our team of 134,000 people at 260 companies in more than 60 countries across the world is accomplishing. We redefine what it means to be a big company in today’s world.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Health division has products in Skin health (beauty, baby skin), Essential health (oral care, topical healthcare, personal hygiene) and Self-care franchises. The toxicology group is engaged in conducting safety/risk assessment of ingredients and products.
We are looking for a Safety Assessor Manager to join the toxicology team based in Val-de-Reuil France, on a permanent contract, starting as soon as possible.
In this role, you will be actively involved in toxicology assessment of ingredients, finished products, and topical skin safety for consumer products with the help of data search. This role does not entail laboratory work.
You will have a substantial role in product launches and also support any post-market queries including Cosmetovigilance.
In your role as a Safety Assessor Manager, you will represent the toxicology function, review the products at different stages of the development cycle and provide toxicology leadership by giving inputs to the cross-functional R&D teams involved in product development.
We are giving you the opportunity to be exposed to the international scientific communities as your role will be to represent the organization and help defend ingredients in external consortia.
You will do the literature search & safety data (preclinical and clinical) collection for ingredient hazard and risk assessment and consumer products safety assessment.
Assess fragrances and flavours used in consumer products.
Be responsible for toxicology risk assessment for formulations for cosmetic applications including Margin of safety calculation as per EU regulations
Author and/or review Cosmetic Product Safety Reports
Perform the ingredient defence in European Consortium.
Review of the Cosmetovigilance data
Attend audit inspections and address questions
Minimum required Qualification / Experience / Exposures:
What we offer :
- You hold a Master’s degree or PhD in toxicology, pharmacology or another relevant science discipline.
- You have 10-11 years of experience in the field of consumer product risk assessment or other relevant Toxicology.
- You are a qualified European safety assessor and are compliant with French requirements.
- You are proficient with European regulations on cosmetics and chemicals.
- You have good writing and verbal communication skills
- You enjoy working across functions and regions.
- Unique opportunity to become part of a global healthcare market leader
- Versatile and fulfilling role in a dynamic, international environment
- Work in a supportive and highly professional team
- Further opportunities for professional development and career growth.
Johnson & Johnson Santé Beauté France SAS (7101)