Johnson & Johnson Medical Companies produce a broad range of innovative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of orthopaedics, neurological disease, infection prevention, cardiovascular disease, and aesthetics. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands.
This commitment to excellence is evident throughout Johnson & Johnson and in Medical Devices, where our team is on a mission to reach more patients and restore more lives through faster, smarter innovation, a relentless customer focus and a culture of agility. – Alex Gorsky, Johnson & Johnson Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Global Education Solutions aspire to train more healthcare professionals and reach more patients through world-class, industry-leading training approaches, tailored to the evolving needs of today’s internal and external learners.
The Belgium & Luxembourg Education Solutions Team was created to deliver beyond the gold standard, compliant, experiential education journeys. We strive to deliver customer centric process excellence and experiential market leading educational events for the EMEA region. We collaborate with the Global team, IT, HCC, Legal, the regional teams and the local countries to drive innovation and process excellence in this area.
We are recruiting for a Commercial Education Manager for our Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Belux business based in Diegem (Brussels), Belgium.
This role is to be the primary business contact in serving the commercial educational needs by providing a state of the art learning and development environment to build a strong talent pipeline that differentiates Johnson & Johnson in the marketplace and attracts and retains top talent.
This role is also critical to enable and build our people pipeline at Johnson & Johnson for medium and long term.
The individual in this role is responsible for establishing and managing an innovative commercial education approach and framework for the One MD Belux organization, closely linked with partners in the regional and Global/EMEA organization and in close collaboration with the Education Solutions Lead in MD Belux. This role needs to ensure alignment of the commercial education strategy with the business needs/priorities and the integration of the learning principles and continuous learning foundation that guides all learning at Johnson & Johnson.
The role partners with key stakeholders including the Global /EMEA Commercial Education organization, Business and Sales leaders, Human Resources, 3rd party suppliers to gain a sound grounding of the business strategy and knowledge of the key One MD audiences. The individual in this role must have the ability to see and understand the “big picture” and articulate and drive a compelling Commercial Education strategy that meets the needs of multiple audiences.
This role will report into the MD Belux Education Solutions Lead.
• Providing a blueprint for Commercial Education with key components, i.e. programs, processes and tools, to ensure a continuum of talent development;
• Defining a holistic approach to accelerate the time to competence, of our employees through formal and informal learning;
• Building both confidence and competence through practice, to drive behaviour change both for new hires and existing personnel to unleash the potential of the one MD organization;
• Evaluating industry leading best practices for commercial education development and employing sound yet accelerated learning principles and strategies;
• Defining parameters for planning, designing, deploying, and measuring commercial education to achieve greater leverage, scale and impact, in line with the educational strategic objectives and core values of our business;
• Defining learning & development paths for critical audiences and roles;
• Include business and sales leaders to actively participate in formal and informal learning as a coach, mentor and role model;
• Develop an on-boarding program for new hires;
• Acting as a trainer for our business to deliver non-functional trainings (education processes, pathways, tools, …);
• Lead innovative projects to improve the effectivity and efficiency of the tools used in Commercial Education;
• Maintain and deliver adequate reporting & dashboards to facilitate data driven decision making.
• Maintain all necessary documentation relating to all stages of the processes (auditable);
• Ensure compliancy for all local requests in Commercial Education;
• Drive awareness within the Business on Commercial Education processes & policies.
• Proactively identify risks and opportunities to continually improve efficiency and effectiveness;
• Accept ownership in being customer centric and solutions orientated;
• Be transparent with all aspects of commercial education & act as the key point of contact for all stakeholders;
• Challenge the status quo.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Excellent communication skills & able to manage conflicts constructively;
• Ability to craft senior level communications, presentations and training materials;
• Ability to influence without authority at senior levels and all levels of management;
• Solutions driven and outcomes focused;
• Strategic Thinking;
• Result Driven;
• People Management (1 direct report);
• Excellent Facilitation Skills;
• Project Management;
• Ability to build strong working relationships with a business & customer centric attitude;
• Solid organisational skills, including process discipline & attention to detail; • Proactive & enthusiastic team worker, demonstrating loyalty and commitment to the organisation and team members.
• Commercial Education Expertise and/or Business, Marketing and/or Sales Management experience
• Educated to Higher Education (minimal Bachelor) or equivalent calibre;
• 7-10 years related work experience
• 2-3 year’s Health Care Industry Experience – preferred;
• Fluent in English & Dutch or English & French.
• Learning Design & Development;
• Proven track record in designing and delivering Commercial Education programs, e.g. experience with virtual programs/continuous development tools/competence management/teams/deployments is an advantage.
Johnson & Johnson Medical NV (7546)