Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
To support our Surgical Vision Business Unit in Ettlingen, we are looking for a highly committed:
National Sales Manager Surgical Vision, Germany (m/f/d).
Reporting to the Regional Director, this position supervises a team of Regional Sales Managers and the reporting Sales Representatives and Premium Business Development Managers in Germany. Working as part of the DACH region leadership team, the incumbent contributes insight and leadership to shape the strategic direction of the Surgical Vision business across the market and ensures a proper implementation in the field to drive greater market penetration and to ensure top and bottom--line results are achieved.
The incumbent will lead and drive the company's strategy and build a strong vision in this country in accordance with local laws and regulations. She/he will provide effective leadership to continue to inspire and develop Sales teams capabilities, and to attract and retain key talent.
Further responsibilities and duties are
- Manages the development and servicing of surgeons and healthcare professional accounts to (over)achieve sales, margin and market share targets by leading a team of Regional Sales Managers and the respective Sales teams and closely works together with the Equipment Manager DACH.
- Monitors and ensures that Commercial Excellence and Operational KPIs are reached.
- Directly manages top national key accounts, especially Purchasing chains and Key Opinion leaders.
- Engages with key stakeholders to shape the market and drive adoption of innovation. Communicates externally a compelling vision and effectively represents company values and heritage.
- Defines Market Access Strategies and co-creates with the Management Team value-creation initiatives based on a good understanding of value drivers for the public and private markets respectively. Oversees the development of sales processes and pricing models.
- Makes decisions based on understanding of multiple departments and their interrelationships. Fosters relations with all applicable departments to actively influence the company’s representation in the market.
- Works with Sales Operations, Marketing, Finance and other departments within Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision to develop strategic plans for product launches, line extensions, competitive threats, expansion plans, congress and academy activities etc. and ensures execution in the field.
- Participates in the preparation of sales plans and campaigns, business plans and product development plans.
- Manages P&L/budgets and administrative requirements as specified by management.
- Establishes incentive plan parameters and sales goals and recommends ad hoc sales plans and contests.
- Manages and develops Regional Sales Managers to be excellent coaches and motivators for their team with the intent of growing leaders and delivering goals.
- Works in the field with regional sales staff to develop skills, product knowledge and territory plans in order to achieve sales objectives. Manages, motivates, and develops subordinates to achieve their full potential.
- Responsible for all salary administration issues and all personnel related matters.
- Responsible for ensuring department understands and complies with quality standards and requirements as documented.
- University/Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science, preferably in Medical Devices, or MBA or similar; Master’s degree desirable
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in Medical Devices (or similar)
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in leading sales teams with solid track record of success in the wider Medical Devices field, ideally experience in Ophthalmology
- Preferably solid knowledge about the complexity of the German reimbursement system, i.e. in Ophthalmology
- Excellent people leader who acts as a role model and with the ability to coach and inspire a field-based team; good interpersonal skills (team player)
- Track record of performance as a style flexible leader with experience in managing multiple-layer departments in a complex business environment
- Proven track in change management and multi-stakeholder management and the ability to drive complex cross-functional projects with a strategic approach and call for action
- Experienced in selling highly complex product portfolios; excellent selling skills and focus on customer intimacy
- Great business acumen and ability to gain interest at high level customer profiles (CEO, CFO, KOL, governmental stakeholders)
- Experience in using Customer Relation Management tools and Customer Segmentation/Targeting
- Fluent in German and English
If you want to be a change agent in a challenging environment and shape the future quality organization, please send us your online application (CV, Motivation Letter, Working References etc.).
AMO Germany GmbH (7137)