The Chemical Production facility in Geel, Belgium is part of the Janssen Supply Chain organization within Johnson&Johnson and is the largest manufacturer of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) within the network. The APIs are then sent for further processed through pharmaceutical production into tablets, ointments, syrups and other formulations. Within the Geel Technical Operations organization, there is a vacancy for the position of Process Engineer (unlimited duration).
- Follow-up and optimization of assigned chemical processes.
- Campaign preparation and support of process-related non-conformance investigations.
- Capacity optimizations and process improvements for the assigned processes.
- Support of daily activities in production (ie. Troubleshooting, campaign follow-up, process validation, etc.)
- Representation for production activities in local or global teams (ex. API technical teams, NPI teams, lean project teams, process excellence projects, equipment installation projects, etc.)
- Generation of product quality reports and review of process performance through statistical analysis of process data
- Audit support
In this role, your main focus will be maintaining manufacturing readiness and implementing efficiency improvements for assigned processes, while still ensuring that safety, environmentally sound practices and quality are embedded in everything you do.
- A university diploma with a specialization in process technology or a PhD (bioengineering, industrial engineering or chemistry is preferred)
- Pronounced interest in chemical synthesis and strong knowledge of process technology
- Able to combine scientific and administrative accuracy with good social and communication skills
- Experience with chemical production is preferred
- Experience in one or multiple of the following domains is highly valued: IT/automation systems/data mining, process analytical technologies (PAT), lean manufacturing (certification is a plus), process excellence (certification is a plus).
- Highly team-oriented
- Fluent in English (spoken and written) and willing to develop fluency in Dutch
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)