Janssen – Actelion - Referral Manager
Territory: North London and NW London
At Johnson & Johnson, we are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases, rare diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Motivated by our dedication to patients, we bring creative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world.
A field-based role with the primary purpose of maximising referrals while improving shared care where appropriate linked to a specific key prescribing account. This can be achieved through activity identified by the key account team and utilising a variety of approaches. To be successful, you would ideally have experience in selling in Rare Disease environment or proven record in cardiology, Respiratory and Rheumatology.
The successful person will operate in a dynamic referral team with a focus on the following key areas:
You will be expected to achieve specific objectives, both quantitative and qualitative, for referral activity linked to named accounts. Your contribution to individual plans and selling strategies for key account customers as well as the wider business will be central to the design and development of key account plans through co-ordination with colleagues and across functions.
You will develop and implement appropriate coverage and frequency strategy for customers across the designated territory, working with the key account team for validation. You will ensure a multi-channel approach is utilised with customers, maximising the opportunity provided by technology, specifically in wider prospecting customer base.
You will work with customers to identify partnership opportunities with clear business outcomes and return on investment expectations. Ensure these are captured within the plan and that customer commitment is gained. Where appropriate you will initiate and develop the company’s relationship with new stakeholders. In this regard, work closely with the Professional and Scientific Relations Manager.
Ensure all meaningful account and customer intelligence is share are captured and shared within the business and utilised appropriately. Operate day-to-day activities within the budget allocated. Where specific additional investment is required e.g. for a specific programme or activity, develop a business case as appropriate. This should detail the investment opportunity and the outcomes expected.
Develop and maintain knowledge of disease area, products and company materials and resources. Ensure minimum standards for administration are adhered to. Comply with all company guidelines and policies.
- Degree education, ideally in life science or business-related
- Broad pharmaceutical industry experience within a sales or medical environment
- Strong skills and experience in use of key account planning as a basis for making both strategic recommendations and delivering tactical level action plans
- Knowledge of NHS structures, policy and strategy sufficient to identify customer needs, and Actelion opportunities, across a broad range of stakeholders
- Refined interpersonal skills with ability to present and influence at all customer levels to drive behaviour change and ensure business opportunities are optimised.
- Proven evidence of creating and implementing programmes which increase referrals through e.g. capacity enhancement, improved patient pathways
- High level selling skills
- Skills to employ technologies effectively and proficiently
- Strong organisation and time-management skills
- Analytical skills – use of available data to identify business opportunities and track performance
- Positive attitude to change
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of working in a specialist therapeutic area
- Working knowledge of the Actelion core therapy areas (cardiovascular, respiratory)
- Experience of providing educational initiatives for healthcare professionals
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Johnson & Johnson are an equal opportunity employer.
Actelion Pharmaceuticals UK Ltd (8616)