Medical Science Liaison
If you're passionate about your career every single day, we'd love to hear from you!
We invite you to read this Job Description and apply if you are passionate about the position and meet the requirements.
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson are dedicated to addressing and solving the most important unmet medical needs of our time, including oncology (e.g., multiple myeloma and prostate cancer), immunology (e.g., rheumatoid arthritis, irritable bowel disease and psoriasis), neuroscience (e.g., schizophrenia, dementia and pain), infectious disease (e.g., HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C and tuberculosis), cardiovascular and metabolic diseases (e.g., diabetes) and Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) and Rare Diseases.
The Medical Science Liaison will be responsible for healthcare provider education; scientific exchange with Key
Opinion Leaders; Act as a central contact for regional clinical programs. Provide clinical support to
internal colleagues. Develop and implement clinical strategic plan within a geographic region. MSLs
are also responsible for incorporating competitive intelligence inputs from field into internal strategic
- Provide inputs and implement medical affairs plans, including identification of critical paths and
tracking of projects
- Establish and provide strategic leadership for Medical Affairs, develop and execute initiatives
for compounds in pipeline
o Work with medical affairs staff and implement launch readiness and life cycle
management programs for products
- Function as a scientific expert on field to internal and external customers within areas of
expertise such as clinical, scientific and health economics
o Provide scientific support to opinion leaders, community physicians, investigators and
other healthcare providers
o Provide medical training to investigators/independent physicians and company staff
o Respond solicited and unsolicited requests for scientific information via 1:1 or group
discussions, discussing disease state concepts and complex medical issues
o Owner of scientific and competitive intelligence incorporating inputs into strategic plan.
- Collect solicited and unsolicited requests on:
o Proposals to support educational activities
o Physician’s requests for investigator-initiated studies according to company guidelines
o Any medical and scientific inquiry related to the therapeutic areas of expertise
o Disease and Product Training
- Provide feedback and intelligence on the market environment, promotional and clinical
- Ensures compliance maintenance of group with all laws through the use of audits and trainings
1) Education level required: Any health care career, but preferible MD.
2) Required Experience: Minimum of 2 year working as a MSL in Pharma industry, as a Doctor or healthcare professional in hospitals or in the research area.
3) Languages: Spanish (advanced level/Bilingual) and English (intermediate level).
4) Location of the role: Santiago, Chile.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success.
We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Chile-Santiago Metropolitan Region-Santiago-
Johnson & Johnson de Chile, S.A. (7745)
Medical Science Liaison