Role: Health Economics and Market Access Reimbursement (HEMAR) Associate
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Reports to: Market Access Manager
Closing Date: 19/01/2020
At Janssen, we are focused on pushing the boundaries of medicine, to find treatments for some of the most challenging medical conditions of our time. We are dedicated to addressing and solving the most important unmet medical needs of our time, including oncology, haematology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
Janssen Sciences Ireland UC in Dublin employs over 60 people from a wide variety of backgrounds including sales, marketing, market access, communications, government affairs, medical affairs and health economics. We are committed to making a difference to the lives of patients and we continue in our quest to tackle the greatest healthcare challenges that people face today.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
• Develop and execute market access strategies for new products and indications in conjunction with the Market Access Manager.
• Engage with regional and global colleagues on an ongoing basis to ensure local reimbursement process requirements are defined and that the local market access strategy is aligned.
• Accountable for the development of rapid review and HTA dossiers to be submitted to the NCPE in conjunction with the Market Access Manager.
• Review, critique and adapt global/EMEA health economic materials such as economic models (budget impact and cost effectiveness models, BIM & CEM), value dossiers, systematic literature reviews and clinical evidence synthesis reports to meet the Irish business needs.
• Source Irish specific epidemiology, resource use and cost data through literature searches and questionnaires to adapt the CEMs & BIMs to the Irish setting.
• Actively engage with healthcare professionals to develop a deep therapy area understanding and awareness of unmet patient needs to deliver submissions that reflect the clinical setting in Ireland.
• Collaborate with medical and commercial functions within the brand team and provide input from a HEMAR perspective to support brand objectives.
• Responsible for the submission of price applications to the HSE for new drugs and new formulations, management of the pricing database and annual realignment submissions in conjunction with the Market Access Manager.
• Support the project management of external agencies as required to ensure submissions are delivered to a high quality and on time.
• Provide support to develop models and studies which meet evidence gaps to support the value proposition for in-line brands.
• Management of work streams ensuring high quality projects are delivered on time and budget.
• All activities must meet Healthcare compliance business integrity guidelines.
Requirements for the Role:
• Formal qualification in health economics or extensive experience in market access and pricing (minimum 2 years).
Key Skills and competencies:
• Technical experience with health economics tools (BIM & CEM).
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• An ability to work well cross-functionally and on own initiative is critical.
• A track record of successfully meeting goals and timelines alongside a positive and resilient approach to challenges is a must.
• Good commercial understanding and awareness.
What we’re about:
We are passionate about our work and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines, and care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers. We share a kind of DNA where we’re each:
• Committed to caring.
• Responsible to our communities.
• Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how.
• The drivers of our own success.
• Passionate about doing what’s right.
Make a unique mark in your career
If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson Medical, a Johnson & Johnson company.
Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Janssen R&D Ireland (7566)