Janssen Infectious Diseases & Vaccines therapeutic area (TA), is part of Johnson & Johnson, one of the biggest and most respected health care companies in the world. We are dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. Our team focuses on the development of novel therapeutics and vaccines to treat, cure and prevent some of the most devastating infectious diseases. These range from respiratory infections like respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and pathogens of global concern such as Ebola.
We seek to make a positive impact on health for humanity. The Global Infectious Diseases & Vaccines Communications Manager is responsible for managing day-to-day communications activities. Working as part of a team supporting the Infectious Disease & Vaccines Global Therapeutic Area Communications Leader, to provide world-class communications.
- Role supports Global Communication Leaders to providing world-class communication support
- Acts independently in the delivery of on-market and pipeline product support activities, in a rapidly growing TA
- Independently executes and communication and stakeholder activation strategies
- Acquires and apply knowledge to develop business, competitive and industry priorities to strengthen product business and reputation outcomes.
- Supports TA communication activities with content development, plan, material development, event organization and project logistics
- Support media management with research and the drafting of messages and message maps
- Demonstrate excellence in proactive monitoring and analysis of product and TA issues that may impact stakeholder trust and company reputation
- Align with the regional businesses, supply chain, other Sectors and corporate functions
- Support workforce activation to engage, inspire and increase the productivity of the TA’s employees
- Independently lead and execute engaging site communication specifically on IDV-exclusive sites
- Model and lead with a One Team mindset to unify, collaborate and drive for the best Enterprise outcomes
- Model and inspire an improvement mindset to ensure you and the team stay on the edge of communications, change management, technology, social and other key trends
- Develop and apply superior written and multimedia communications in a variety of styles and formats
- Help ensure R&D Comm team delivers for the business and strengthens the communications function
- 7+ years of communications experience in a company, NGO, government agency or public relations agency
- Global attitude a with direct experience of leading on international projects, issues and teams
- Knowledge of R&D processes and the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong eye for business with understanding of competitive priorities that drive business and social value
- Ability to build relationships and influence partners
- Strong experience in media relations, crisis and issues management
- Ability to manage priorities in fast-paced, environment
- Experience in managing budgets and prioritization across projects
- Exercise excellent judgment at all times
- Proven track record of successful, independent execution of public relations/communications, corporate communication, science communication, product communication, public affairs, and/or media relations strategies
- Global mindset, with experience implementing international projects, and of competent stakeholder interactions on an international basis
- Ability to support communication and business leaders and project teams
- Skills to build authentic relationships and trust with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong written skills
- Experience dealing with media and social media
- Reliable project execution and strong organizer
- Demonstrated ability of managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, global matrix environment
- Exercise a high level of confidence and independent judgment in regular business situations
- Live Our Credo – Serves as a role model for a trusting, collaborative and ethical work environment; maintains the highest standards of ethics, quality, compliance and accountability.
- Connect – Cultivates meaningful external relationships and partnerships outside of J&J, adding value and insights for the enterprise; insight-driven to proactively uncover critical unmet needs and turn them into new opportunities. Forges internal collaboration across JNJ.
- Shape – Translates insights into innovative and viable products or solutions, bringing value; challenges the status quo and leads change management activities, building positive change; takes and manages risks, while maintaining quality and compliance, contributing to value creation
- Lead - Takes ownership for talent acquisition, in a way that improves the performance and development of self and others; leverages diverse perspectives, backgrounds and talent to generate innovative ideas or solutions to address organizational challenges; engages in and encourages others to have transparent and constructive conversations, contributing to a high-performing organization
- Deliver - Empowers people to act with speed, agility, and accountability, enabling them to achieve organizational goals and strategies; makes decisions and takes actions based on a global and enterprise-wide attitude that contributes across the enterprise; balances short- and long-term strategic choices, positions the organization to achieve both short-term and future results
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention BV (8852)