Janssen Vaccines & Prevention B.V. is part of Johnson & Johnson, one of the biggest and most respected health care companies in the world. We are dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. Our team focuses on the development of novel therapeutics and vaccines to treat, cure and prevent some of the most devastating infectious diseases. These range from respiratory infections like respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and pathogens of global concern such as Ebola. We seek to make a positive impact on health for humanity. The Global Vaccines Communications Leader is responsible for building and driving JnJ's Vaccines communications. Working as part of a team supporting the Infectious
Disease & Vaccines Global Therapeutic Area Communications Leader, to provide world-class communications.
This role acts collaboratively and independently to drive the positioning of Janssen's Vaccines portfolio, counseling business leaders – having a key impact on Sector and Enterprise reputation and growth.
- Devise and execute external and internal communication strategies; lead on partner management and deal communication
- Serves as Company media contact
- Key lead in managing safety, clinical trial and regulatory issues
- Significant interaction, leadership and alignment to help drive Enterprise strategy and contribute to reputation impact
- External partnership lead and networking with advocacy, NGOs and professional organizations
- Lead on workforce activation to engage, inspire and increase the productivity of over 1,200 vaccines employees plus over 750 partners globally.
- Align with the regional and local businesses (commercial), supply chain, other Sectors and corporate functions
- Model and lead with a one-team attitude
Experience and functional proficiencies:
- 10+ years of experience managing communication in a company, NGO, government agency or public relations agency
- Global attitude and successful record of working in a global function, with direct experience of leading on international projects, issues and teams
- Demonstrated knowledge of R&D processes and the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong eye for business with understanding of competitive and industry priorities that drive business and social value
- Ability to lead, encourage and coach project teams and individuals
- Ability to build relationships and influence partners
- Strong experience in media relations, crisis and issues management
- Demonstrated ability of managing priorities in a fast-paced, environment
- Experience in managing budgets and prioritization across projects
- Exercise excellent judgment at all times
- Live Our Credo – Serves as a role model for a trusting, collaborative and ethical work environment; maintains the highest standards of ethics, quality, compliance and accountability.
- Connect – Cultivates meaningful external relationships and partnerships outside of J&J on a global scale, adding value and insights for the enterprise; insight-driven to proactively uncover critical unmet needs and turn them into new opportunities. Forges internal collaboration across JNJ.
- Shape – Translates insights into innovative and viable products or solutions, bringing value; challenges the status quo and leads change management activities, building positive change; takes and manages risks, while maintaining quality and compliance, contributing to value creation
- Lead - Takes ownership for talent acquisition, in a way that improves the performance and development of self and others; leverages diverse perspectives, backgrounds and talent to generate innovative ideas or solutions to address organizational challenges; engages in and encourages others to have transparent and constructive conversations, contributing to a high-performing organization
- Deliver - Empowers people to act with speed, agility, and accountability, enabling them to achieve organizational goals and strategies; makes decisions and takes actions based on a global and enterprise-wide attitude that contributes across the enterprise; balances short- and long-term strategic choices, positions the organization to achieve both short-term and future results
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention BV (8852)