Who is Janssen? Simply put, we’re people; more than 35,000 working hard to treat, cure, stop and prevent some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time — from heart disease, diabetes, and psoriasis to Alzheimer’s, HIV, and cancer. We believe that challenging something is the best way to change it. So, every day, in more than 150 countries, we bring together cutting-edge science and the most creative minds in the industry to think differently about how diseases are treated and prevented. We aim not only to innovate but also to empower people with the tools they need to make informed decisions and achieve the best possible results for their health. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
YOU want to be part of our mission? Join our great team as a “Executive Assistant” (m/f), located in Vienna.
For this important role we are looking for a personal assistant with a robust and experienced profile to accompany the new leader into the transition of her role as Managing Director Janssen-Cilag Austria, by providing general organizational and administrative support.
We are interested in a reliable, trustful, positive mindset candidate who can represent the MD and the rest of the company with a professional and welcoming presence, who feels comfortable communicating with different level of employees, internal and external customers and partners.
The sense of urgency, the management of priorities, problem solving are important aspects, and these will be achieved by developing a close working relationship with the MD and her direct reports to gain a greater insight into the key factors to consider when prioritizing demands.
Take appropriate actions in a rigorous, timely and autonomous manner to satisfy expectations and respect commitments will also key in this role.
Customer and employee focused, the candidate should be able to multi-task and work under minimal supervision, to demonstrate resiliency and high productivity in a fast-paced environment.
The fluency on both German and English is very important to allow the MD to perform an appropriate level of local communication.
Your responsibilities & Your impact:
- Calendar Management: maintain and shape a complex and changeable calendar by ensuring a good balance between meetings and time for strategic reflections/preparations.
- Planning & follow up of regular touch points with direct reports & other governance
- Travel management:ensure business travels are booked as per the procedures, are well organized and high satisfying, and the access of the related information is easy, precise and in line with Travel and Expense policy. When the MD is travelling, be active in problem solving.
- Expense management and follow up of the budgets and respect deadlines for financial closure.
- Handle / prepare and archive documents of a highly confidential and sensitive nature.
- Help translate Managing Director communication from English to German
- Executive assistant job aims to also coordinate management board activities. Close the management, her role is key to manage the follow-up, setting and records of board related activities. She will act has a facilitator
- Booking and planning of yearly boards and other governance activities
- Ensure optimization and coordination of board and other governance activities
- Support on board project management
- According to yearly planning, coordinate setting of company events: annual company meeting, seminars, company townhalls, Leadership visits and other Ad Hoc events, by ensuring that the format and attendance is appropriate along with other expectations (e.g. venue, communication, timings, budget, etc)
- Ensure logistic and coordination with services providers and follow up on the quality of service delivered in line with budget and needs.
- Monitor yearly budget
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Life Sciences (BA/BSc or equivalent)
- 10 years professional working experience, incl. executive assistant experience preferably within an international company
- Ideally, you’ve worked in the pharmaceutical or other regulated industry
- Fluency in English and German is required
- Project Management Experience (e.g. organizing company days)
- Profound experience in MS-Office-Tools
- Ability to connect and interact with top management
- Autonomy and ability to take initiatives and to be pro-active
- Positive thinking and mindset
The well-being and development of our employees are central aspects of our company creed. Individuals who would like to fully realize their potential as part of our international, innovation-driven corporate family and who aspire to have challenging work, will find that our company provides just the right conditions. We consider intensive initial training, further education that is tailored to our employees' work and excellent opportunities for development - both nationally and internationally - to be just as essential as a good work-life balance, attractive compensation and above-average employee benefits. One aspect that distinguishes our company is the large number of measures we have to support our trainees and promote career development in ways that are also compatible with family life.
We offer excellent conditions of employment and possibilities for further career growth within our company. For this position we are offering an annual gross salary starting at 40.500 EUR (excl. variable component). Depending on your skills, qualifications and experience this can be negotiated.
Janssen Cilag Pharma GmbH (8558)