Territory Account Manager - JJSV
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing creative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Every day, our more than 130,000 employees across the world are blending heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision; a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Key Account Manager to be located in Mumbai.
- Responsible for the sales of all Cataract products within a defined territory that includes Phaco Equipment, the entire range of Intra Ocular Lenses and Visco Elastics. The incumbent is expected to plan, organize and implement selling activities in line with the plan for the J&J Surgical business and achieve or exceed the annual and quarterly sales objectives through the use of professional selling skills, time and territory management and the efficient use of promotional material consistent with marketing objectives. Should be good at building relationships with internal ad external customers (Doctors/KOLS/Distributors/Peers and Superiors).
- The position reports to the Regional Sales Manager (Cataract) and works very closely with the Regional Product Specialist for achieving the Sales Objectives. You will be responsible for monitoring competitor activity and market trends, recommending solutions and implementing corrective actions based on factual information and will also be responsible for handling consignment inventory to best meet the needs of customers and to achieve internal inventory targets.
- Sales Target: Attains or exceeds the budgeted sales objectives for all nominated J&J products. Systematically covers all surgeons on designated territory. Responsible for developing, monitoring sales activity and implementing corrective actions to achieve targets!
- Selling Skills & Professionalism: Provides focused sales presentations and develops relationships with surgeons and surgery centre support staff. Provides experienced product knowledge to customers and carries out in-service to ensure correct usage of J&J products. Develops and maintains a strong market orientation, builds J&J competitive knowledge, develops a complete understanding of the tender business and public and private hospital dynamics. Communicates with management on changes in market attitudes with regard to surgical/ophthalmic issues!
- Territory Management: Prepares and submits on a timely basis, field activity reports that align with reporting requirements for the territory and other reports requested by the manager. Attends and participates in sales and industry meetings. Analyses sales reports and reports on sales variances in monthly commentary.
- Inventory & Asset Management: Effectively leads surgical assets in the field such as IOL consignments, hand held instruments, and loaner/demo equipment. Works with management to reduce inventory levels and accounts receivable days. Ensure that all Phaco inventory and service requirements are effectively communicated to the relevant Sales Support staff. Cares for all company property, practices cost containment, aligns with all local and government regulations pertaining to transportation, storage, control and utilization of products.
Education: Bachelors Degree in Science / Commerce / Engineering (Electronics / Electrical / Instrumentation) or Optometry. MBA will be an added advantage.
Experience and Skills:
Minimum 4 years of experience out of which 2 – 4 years selling experience in the healthcare industry preferably in medical devices and consumables.
Johnson & Johnson offers an unusual experience to professionals looking for an opportunity to work with hardworking people who share your real passion for caring in an environment that empowers you to drive your own career.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Johnson & Johnson Private Limited (8080)