Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based healthcare Company, touching the lives of a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
Asia Pacific Center of Excellence in Translational Science (AP CoE-TS) within Janssen Asia Pacific R&D organization has a focus on advancing translational medical scientific innovation to accelerate the development and delivery of innovative solutions to patients in China, in region and around world. The center covers translational clinical and research projects in multiple diseases areas initiated from both global and regional with a geographic scope to all of Asia Pacific. The center is recruiting for a Principal Scientist (clinical biomarker) within its Biomarker Research team. This position works closely with translational research, and early development team on biomarker development to support clinical development of new compound in the pipeline. The successful candidate should have a well-established track record in scientific research, ideally in pharmaceutical R&D or other healthcare industry. Good communication skills in both English and Chinese, as well as an ability to interact with collaboration partners both internally and externally. The position is based in Shanghai.
· Solid scientific background in translational/biomarker research is required. Proactive participation and contribution to scientific community within JNJ will be expected.
· Responsible for local biomarker strategy design and driving its implementation to support clinical trials in the region, through working closely with global and regional translational team, early development, and clinical development team.
· Collaborating with external alliance & operation team, ensure excellence in managing central lab work, internal biomarker database, document tracking, and SOW/lab manual development, etc.
· The successful candidate may be actively engaged in participating and evaluating progress in collaborative programs with external partners, so experience in collaborative research would be desirable.
· Familiar with HGRAO regulation/policy and working experience with application process is preferred.
· The successful candidate will be expected to work efficiently in a multi-task environment, and to deliver hands-on work independently according to priorities and timelines.
- The candidate should have a PhD in biology, molecular biology or biochemistry, with minimum five years of industry experience translational research, preferably in a pharmaceutical setting or other relevant healthcare industry.
- Demonstrated capability to lead translational/biomarker collaborative projects.
· The ideal candidate would also have a working knowledge of the challenges and experimental systems linked to biomarker/diagnostic research
· Experience working with global and regional partners (internal and external) is highly preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team oriented environment.
· Good written and oral communication skill in both English and Chinese
J&J (China) Investments Ltd (7046)