“Caring for the world … one person at a time” inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. This culture of caring is the focus of our corporate philosophy, that is anchored in the internationally applicable Credo. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We have more than 260 operating companies in more than 60 countries employing approximately 134,000 people. Our worldwide headquarters is in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA.
Janssen Vaccines in Bern (Switzerland) belongs to the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. Janssen is an organization of over 30,000 professionals working passionately to prevent, treat, cure and stop some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. In Bern, about 300 people of over 20 nationalities work together with the wider Janssen organization and partners on the development, manufacturing and analytical testing of novel vaccines and bacteria-based pharmaceutical products. We are committed to bring meaningful innovation to global health by combating major threats to the health of people worldwide.
For our site in Bern we are looking for a highly committed
The Quality Control department is involved in the validation and transfer of various test methods as well as in performing of routine release and stability tests for novel clinical phase materials. The microbial methods applied in-house range from sterility, bioburden, microbial purity and endotoxin.
- Execute stability-, in-process-controls-, release-, raw material - and environmental monitoring testing
- Ensure that all required tests have been carried out in accordance with the applicable specifications and regulations and that cGMP requirements are met
- Contributing to the validation and verification of analytical methods used in microbiology
- Provide support to analytical development, process development, and other stakeholders when the need arises
- Maintain current laboratory equipment and operates analytical and other instruments.
- Drive continuous improvement projects within Quality Control in operational efficiency and GMP compliance
- Support the timely and effective completion of lab events, investigations, change controls and CAPA
- Obtain the necessary materials and reagents for the assigned tests, including ordering laboratory consumables and reagents in the appropriate systems
- Help to build a strong team to expand, strengthen and the maintain the current knowledge base and expertise within QC to reflect changing business needs
- Adhere to all applicable regulations, policies, and procedures for health, safety and environmental compliance.
- Assist in the periodic review of documents such as test methods, work instructions and job aids within the Microbiology Laboratory.
- Assists in and drives achievements of departmental goals and commitments, regardless of obstacles.
- Support in projects involving the Quality Control and/or Microbiology departments.
- Handle and dispose of biohazard material in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned by QC Microbiology Management.
- Apprenticeship as a biology lab technician and professional experience in Pharma, Biotech or Vaccine industry, or bachelor’s degree in natural sciences, biology, microbiology or equivalent working experience
- Minimal 5 years of laboratory experience in a cGMP regulated environment and competency with microbiology techniques
- Experience in method validations and verifications and equipment qualification
- Profound working understanding of laboratory operations and practices
- Proactive attitude, challenging the status quo, team player, team builder
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects, duties and assignments and prioritize accordingly
- Self-dependent way of working and taking ownership of assigned task to plan and deliver according agreed timelines.
- Advanced IT skills
- Good verbal and written skills in English and German
Janssen Vaccines AG (8851)