“Caring for the world … one person at a time” inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. This culture of caring is the focus of our corporate philosophy, that is anchored in the internationally applicable Credo. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We have more than 260 operating companies in more than 60 countries employing approximately 134,000 people. Our worldwide headquarters is in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA.
Business Technology Analyst (f/m/d)
This position is responsible for connecting business stakeholders with high impact technology solutions, managing local technology delivery and supporting the Business Technology Leader (BTL) to shape Product Line strategy development.
In this role you will work with business partners to define requirements, carry out business analysis for regional MVPs evolving in a market, scale out regional solutions and deliver local market-led projects using technology.
While the role will have a domain focus on digital marketing to provide an expert point of contact, the role focus is on business problems and opportunities which will require a broad understanding of our business and solutions landscape to bring about end-to-end business process solutions.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Be a technology partner, working with business stakeholders to identify unmet needs, propose IT solutions, and assist management in the development of business cases and project charters
- Be a business analyst, leading the technical discovery process for potential projects, scoping needs, gathering requirements and producing functional specifications for a solution build, based on regional and global standards, using our agile rRDM methodology (rapid Requirements Definition & Management)
- Build deep market knowledge by forming internal partnerships with the business (developing deep insights into their needs) and external partnerships with e.g. start-ups, academics (to build health technology market knowledge)
- Explore & experiment with business-led IT projects and external technology developments to scope and rapidly pilot new single-market specific solutions, identifying solutions worth scaling up within the regional Product Lines. Collaborate with Product Line teams to build and test regional MVPs when selected as a ‘lead market’
- Manage the delivery of local projects, collaborating with the business & Product Line teams to localise regional J&J requirements/solutions and drive effective change management by involving the right people at the right time
- Represent IT with external partners and customers and consult on selection and approval of third-party service providers
- Ensure technology projects are built and documented in accordance with the strict compliance regulations of J&J and healthcare, including information security, privacy and GxP as required
- Take a regional view on technology solutions, building a good understanding of business practice in other countries through a network of IT colleagues, in order to leverage or create harmonised solutions where possible
- Proactively match business needs with existing J&J technology capability, by showcasing local/regional best practice with key stakeholders, encouraging adoption of core systems and harmonised process and highlighting value in a business context
- Shape Product Line roadmaps by identifying opportunities/gaps where J&J Technology can deliver, influencing internally and externally to drive Product Line strategy execution
- Support the Business Technology Lead to challenge the business and encourage innovation, whilst managing business expectations
Qualifications & Experience
Degree in Digital Marketing or Computer Science or Business Information Systems or related discipline
Certification in Business Analysis and/or Project Management areas or relevant experience
Good understanding of Digital Analytics tools, Email Marketing systems, CRM systems, web content management systems
Proven track record of delivery in complex, ambiguous and changing environments
Able to influence across a range of business roles and stakeholder seniorities
- Effective team working
Ability to build effective relationships with customers, matrix teams, suppliers, partners etc.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
Good at facilitating workshops and meetings, and negotiating
Genuine passion for technology, understanding how things work and for applying technology to bring value to businesses/customers
Continuous learner, able to demonstrate a familiarity with current trends e.g. AI, Blockchain
Capable to take a “hands-on approach” to experiment and try things if needed
Can communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders at different levels
Professional fluency in German language
The role is based in our Zug (Switzerland) office, but candidates must be willing and flexible to travel to European offices up to 20%
Janssen-Cilag Switzerland (7325)