Johnson and Johnson K.K. is recruiting for a Business Development (Technical) manager or staff, located in Tokyo Japan.
This job will lead the realization of innovation based on customer insights and unmet needs gained in Japan in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders at local and global. The job must be attractive for those who have passion for driving innovation originated in local customer needs to be adopted globally.
- Adopting the Design-Thinking approach, identify unmet customer needs through clinical observation and generate product concepts to address the needs.
- Engage in developing business case of the generated concepts to gain approval for moving on to the next development phase.
- Create concrete and quality design inputs to accelerate the next development phases. Through design verification/ proof of concept using prototype, provide high quality solutions to be appreciated by Japanese and global customers.
- In case of local product development, cooperate with 3rd party vendors and manage design process to meet J&J QMS.
- In case of global product development, deliver Japan customer needs and concepts accurately to regional or global team so that they are fully reflected in the product development.
- Mechanical or Electronics or Software Engineer with high expertise in own specialized field.
- Experience in engaging in a whole process of medical device product development from needs finding and concept generation to creating design inputs, prototyping, design verification and product launch.
Experience of project management with skills and knowledge of effective project management. Experience of managing a project consisting of diverse functions is ideal.
- Experience of product development in collaboration with Japanese vendors and international stakeholders
- Business level English
Passion for driving innovation originated in local customer needs to be adopted globally
Motivation for exercising honest leadership to tackle business issues
High communication skills to carry one’s points in constructive and cooperative manners with internal and external stake holders
- Skills and knowledge in advanced healthcare technologies such as Digital health, IoT, AI, Robotics and/or Regenerative Medicine
Practically useful level of skills and knowledge in Design-thinking, Biodesign and Human-centered design
Experience of engaging in business case development, or at least intensive discussions with business side, to define and validate the value of the product in the development with skills and knowledge in marketing, strategic planning and/or finance
Knowledge of regulatory affairs, quality assurance, and manufacturing for medical device.
- Business level Japanese preferred.
Johnson & Johnson K.K. (8235)