Medical Devices Supply Chain is recruiting for a Senior Financial analyst -Foreign currency role. Primary location for this role will be Diegem, Belgium but can also be globally.
The Global Hedging Team is responsible for consolidation, analysis and forecasting of currency for total Medical Devices on a worldwide basis and focused on delivering strategic value adding Finance Hedging support to the different MRCs
This role involves a high degree of Business exposure, through business partnering with the global FP&A teams, Global Treasury Services and the Pharmaceutical and Consumer sectors to continue the standardization in currency forecasting and reporting and hedge accounting processes.
In addition, the senior Analyst will play an important role in the further onboarding of activities to the Currency Management COE for MD and in the centralization and execution of the hedging activities.
The position’s key responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Responsible for the execution of hedging activities and hedge accounting and the analysis of FX impacts in actual results and budgets for multiple MRCS supported globally
- Provide Insights and finance support to the sourcing and supply chain partners
- Implement standard methodologies and ensure full usage of the tools/systems to drive efficiencies
- Collaborate and innovate to drive value for the key stakeholders
- Ensuring coordination, timely preparation and consolidation of the organization of the Transactional currency budget updates and actuals for Medical Devices (JU, NU/PBP and LE/FBP);
- Delivery and analysis of currency forecasting assessment and quantifying risks and opportunities related to currency fluctuations for the business;
- Take the lead for the onboarding of new activities
- University degree in Finance/Economics with at least 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of BE GAAP, US GAAP and SoX requirements
- Must have strong finance, accounting and business insights. MBA, CPA, CMA, and/or other financial certifications are preferred
- Knowledge of hedge accounting is preferred
- Strong technical and analytical skills with good knowledge of systems (TM1, JDE,SAP, Excel, power Bi, alteryx,..)
- A “can-do”, self-starter attitude prepared to introduce new ideas and thinking, Ability to challenge, improve and optimize current processes, hands on mentality
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office is required
- The ability to work well independently under tight timelines, prioritizing efficiently and correctly and manage complexity as well as the ability to handle multiple task simultaneously is required
- Candidate must possess excellent communication and business partnering skills as well as the ability to collaborate in a virtual matrix environment across multiple sectors and regions
- Able to combine a helicopter view with deep dives when needed
- Accurate and compliance driven
- A good knowledge of English both verbal as written is required