Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based healthcare Company, touching the lives of a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
Asia Pacific Center of Excellence in Translational Science (AP CoE-TS) within Janssen Asia Pacific R&D organization has a focus on advancing translational medical scientific innovation to accelerate the development and delivery of innovative solutions to patients in China, in region and around world. The center covers translational clinical and research projects in multiple diseases areas initiated from both global and regional with a geographic scope to all of Asia Pacific. The center is recruiting for a Senior Scientist within its Biomarker Research team. This job may include expanding and strengthening the company’s internal and external network, research project coordination, outsourcing to CROs, biomarker platform set up and management. The successful candidate should have a well-established track record in scientific research, ideally in pharmaceutical R&D or other healthcare industry. The position is based in Shanghai.
• The successful candidate will be expected to work efficiently in a multi-task environment, and to deliver hands-on work according to priorities and timelines.
• Design, optimize and implement Next Generation Sequence (NGS) and genomics related assays such as WES, RNAseq, single cell sequencing, etc. for target validation, biomarker identification and target/drug MoA and PoC studies.
• Provide scientific strategy and implementation on CDx assay development, validation, sample testing and data analysis to support clinical studies.
• Actively engage in clinical biomarker and translational research programs in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
• Collaborate with internal and external partners to move projects forward.
• Supervise junior scientist to perform experiment.
- The candidate should have a MD or PhD in biology, molecular biology, pathology, biochemistry or a related field with extensive experience in NGS, molecular biology technology and data analysis.
· Solid scientific background in translational/biomarker/diagnostics research is required. Proactive participation and contribution to scientific community within JNJ will be expected.
· The ideal candidate would also have very strong motivation and commitment, proactive mindset, getting-things-done attitude.
· Experience in working with global and regional partners (internal and external) is highly preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team oriented environment.
· Good written and oral communication skill in both English and Chinese
J&J (China) Investments Ltd (7046)