The newly created Asia Pacific Center of Excellence in Translational Science (AP CoE-TS) within Janssen Asia Pacific R&D organization has a focus on advancing translational medical scientific innovation to accelerate the development and delivery of innovative solutions to patients in China, in region and around world. The center covers translational clinical and research projects in multiple diseases areas initiated from both global and regional with a geographic scope to all of Asia Pacific. Currently, the center has a director level opening within its biomarker research team. The candidate will lead a team of scientists and professionals in diverse functions, including biomarker assay platforms, clinical biomarker & companion diagnostic, external alliance & operations, Bioinformatics. In this role, the candidate will collaborate broadly with colleagues in AP R&D and global team to deliver results. The candidate will also identify and establish relationships with major CRO companies, academic labs to leverage external resources to benefit internal projects. The position is based in Shanghai.
· Lead a multifunctional biomarker research group (assay platform, clinical biomarker & CDx, external alliance & operations, BioInformatics)
· Strategically define and oversight core capabilities of the group, in alignment with activities, projects by supported local, regional & global teams in various therapeutic areas.
· Provide senior scientific leadership and set strategic direction regarding to technology advancement.
· Responsible for resources & budget planning of the group.
· Closely working with translational leads within AP CoE-TS or China clinical development leads in development, provide scientific insights for biomarker development and operational support for biomarker and translational research studies or clinical studies conducted in China and AP
· Familiar with various cutting-edge biomarker assay platforms, including, but not limited to IHC/ISH, FACS, NGS etc.
· The successful candidate will be actively engaged in participating and evaluating progress in collaborative programs with external partners, so experience in collaborative research would be desirable.
- The candidate should have a MD or PhD in biology, molecular biology, pathology, biochemistry or a related field, with minimum 10 years of industry experience in translational research, preferably in a pharmaceutical setting or other relevant healthcare industry.
· The ideal candidate would also have a working knowledge of the challenges and experimental systems linked to drug discovery or diagnostic/biomarker research
- Demonstrated capability to lead and deliver translational/biomarker projects.
- Hands on experience with cutting edge cellular and molecular technologies related to biomarker research would be desired.
· Track record of managing complex technical, scientific and operational activities and in leading, developing and motivating teams
· Excellent written and oral communication skill in English and Chinese
J&J (China) Investments Ltd (7046)