The newly created Asia Pacific Center of Excellence in Translational Science (AP CoE-TS) within Janssen Asia Pacific R&D organization has a focus on advancing translational medical scientific innovation to accelerate the development and delivery of innovative solutions to patients in China, in region and around world. The center covers translational clinical and research projects in multiple diseases areas initiated from both global and regional with a geographic scope to all of Asia Pacific. Currently, the center is recruiting for a Director to lead its scientific operation group. A key attribute for the profile is the build-up of working relationship and the liaising between core scientific team and key non-scientific business partners to enable execution of both portfolio and disease based scientific strategies.
· Oversight lab operation, including a compound logistic hub, to ensure full compliance with JNJ policy, EHS and local regulation
· Establish proper procedures and drive safety and high lab operation efficiency.
· Act as liaison between AP CoE-TS and key business partners, e.g. Finance, Legal, IT, Health Care Compliance, Procurement, PMO, Strategy & Operation etc., by developing and maintaining effective lines of communication to ensure appropriate influence on business partner’s operating model
· Responsible for efficient collaboration with procurement to deliver E2E contract generation, execution & management.
· Oversight general compliance of the center.
· Drive and develop customized training curriculum tailored for the CoE activities
· Lead a team with diversified background and function activities.
· Advanced life science degree required.
· At least 6+ year of experience working in pharmaceutical or biotech industry with good know of drug discovery and development.
· Experience in business operation and lab operation is a must.
· Demonstrated success operating in a matrix organization and balancing the needs of different stakeholders
· Ability to effectively function with limited direction. Able to assess priorities and successfully lead and manage multiple tasks while meeting time-sensitive and demanding deliverables.
· Ability to lead and motivate a multi-dimensional team
· Excellent written and oral communication skill in English and Chinese
J&J (China) Investments Ltd (7046)