Vision Care, a Johnson & Johnson company based in Limerick are currently recruiting Process Technicians to support our growing, 24/7, fully automated manufacturing facility. The successful candidate will have a background in a Technical, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Moulding or related discipline. (e.g. Electricians, Motor Mechanics, Fitters, Plumbers, Engineers etc.)
About the Company:
Vision Care Ireland is located in Castletroy, Limerick and is the producer of the world’s leading contact lens products. Our site uses the industry’s most advanced technology and directly employs over 1000 people. We produce a diverse array of contact lenses using our highly automated production process. Key to our success has been the combination of state-of-the-art material science with technologies such as precision injection moulding, robotics, vision systems and data analytics.
We have over 38 advanced production lines manufacturing over 8 million contact lenses a day, which are shipped to customers worldwide.
Our Process Technicians are critical to running our high volume, automated manufacturing process. Technicians who have the interest, energy and motivation to work in our fast paced, medical device manufacturing environment will find themselves a rewarding permanent, full time role with Vision Care. Here you will take ownership of:
- Production output of a Class III Medical Device
- Equipment Maintenance (controls, sensors, pneumatics & electrics)
- Using your technical and mechanical skills, developed through interests and/or previous roles, in new and innovative ways
- Demonstrates mastery and is considered an expert/leader for electrical, key machine safety and/or software proficiencies across the entire manufacturing production line
- Project work (relating to process improvement including cycle-time and yield development)
- Contribution to targets related to Safety, Quality, Compliance and Continuous Improvement
You will be responsible for:
- Using state of the art IT and software resources, to analyse data and feedback from the line
- Identifying cycle time and yield detractors
- Using your own initiative to make the necessary adjustments and modifications to the line improving output
- Working with your team and the engineering teams, to root cause and problem solve issues
- Supporting planned and unplanned downtime on the line, to ensure a speedy return to production
- Replacing and setting up spare parts including, robots, servo drives, vision systems and pneumatics
Make an outstanding mark in your career:
This is an opportunity to work with a groundbreaking medical device operation and to be a member of a Johnson & Johnson company, with an excellent record in employee continuous professional development and business improvement.
We are passionate about our work; we play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines and care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers.
Whether you’re one of the 1000 people who work here, or you’re considering joining the team, we offer:
- An opportunity to be part of a global market leader.
- A dynamic and inspiring working environment.
- Opportunities to work on challenging projects and assignments.
- Possibilities for further personal and professional development/education
- Excellent Benefits
- A QQI Level 6 (completed apprenticeship) qualification in a Technical, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Moulding or related discipline is required (e.g. Electricians, Motor Mechanics, Fitters, Plumbers, Engineers, refrigeration and aeronautical technicians among others)
- Interest, energy and motivation to work in a fast-moving manufacturing environment.
- Experience of working within a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Take ownership for and/or support talent acquisition, performance and development of self and others
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Ireland) Limited (8182)