Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing creative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Every day, our more than 130,000 employees across the world are blending heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
Senior Compliance Specialist in Global Services Risk & Compliance Team will execute activities ensuring J&J processes, systems and operations align with external regulations, internal standards and industry standard methodologies.
The role is focused on regulatory compliance and risks such as data privacy, data protection and cyber security, 3rd party risks, anti-corruption, fraud and payment controls, trade compliance, labor laws, and other risks and compliance services.
This role ensures compliance is being met across the regional processes in Global Services in line with our global strategy and in supported business units and corporate functions (HR, Procurement, Finance). The role will work with the Risk & Compliance teams in other regions and is expected to lead at least one key risk/compliance control area globally.
Integral part of the role are complex data analyses, preparation of reports for all levels of management, and active communication with various business partners including senior business leaders.
The position will include limited international travel (up to 20%), depending on business assignment and actual need.
This role will report to Regional Manager Global Services Risk & Compliance who is leading the Risk & Compliance function in the region.
- Monitoring of regulatory and operational compliance for J&J Global Services (processes, systems, operations)
- Supporting compliance activities in HR, Procurement and Finance functions
- Identification, analysis and mitigation of risks in dedicated areas (e.g. personal data privacy, data protection, cyber security, 3rd party risks, anti-corruption, fraud, labor laws, employee relations, payments, trade compliance, indirect tax, records management...)
- Collaborate with business partners and other control functions (Privacy, IT Security, Internal Audit, Legal, Health Care Compliance, etc.) to address relevant risks and improve compliance
- Provide compliance support for transitions and deployments; perform compliance due diligence, ensure remediation of identified gaps
- Maintain compliance procedures to ensure appropriate internal controls for compliance with regulatory requirements and standard methodologies
- Provide guidance and support to business partners on external and internal requirements applicable for their area of operations
- Monitor and communicate compliance across the service delivery landscape to ensure compliance requirements are understood, required compliance activities are completed, and any corrective actions or risk mitigation activities are implemented
- Drive risk and compliance awareness across Global Services; support risk-intelligent decision making
- Conduct internal reviews to ensure that implemented controls are effective and compliance procedures are followed
- Support internal and external audits in the dedicated area; work closely with the auditors and auditees, provide appropriate support and documentation
- Prepare and deliver training to business partners on variety of compliance areas (e.g. privacy, security, process controls)
- Ensure that policies and procedures are aligned with regulatory and corporate compliance requirements
- Ensure that technology platforms are evaluated and follow relevant external/internal requirements
- Lead one or more risk/compliance areas globally and coordinate across regions and partners – support global process owner in defining compliance strategy, specify and embed controls into the processes to meet regulatory and risk mitigation requirements
- Collaborate with other regions to ensure global harmonization and continuous improvement of compliance efforts
- Bachelor's Degree Holder
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in Compliance, Audit, Risk Management, Data Privacy or similar area
- Understanding of risks, controls and compliance requirements in a global environment
- In-depth knowledge of HR and Procurement processes, systems, risks and controls strongly preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to present and interact with the highest level of business leaders and build strong business partnerships
- Ability to engage with colleagues, analyze issues and develop solutions
- Ability to analyze big sets of data and prepare relevant reports
- Ability to prepare project plans, effectively execute them and deliver results
- Proficient in MS Excel and other MS Office tools
- Knowledge of data privacy requirements and regulations is an advantage
- Experience with ERP (e.g. SAP) and case management tools is an advantage
- Ability to work in multinational cross-functional environment and adapt to global setting (experience working in global roles is preferred)
- Strong collaborative, interpersonal and leadership qualities with the ability to influence business partners to achieve goals
- Fast learner, committed and able to work independently to meet deadline
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, prioritize multiple projects, and daily planned and unplanned operational activities
- Willingness to travel, mostly internationally (ca. 20%)
Are you ready to impact the world?
Johnson & Johnson offers an unusual experience to professionals looking for an opportunity to work with hardworking people who share your real passion for caring in an environment that empowers you to drive your own career.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Johnson & Johnson International (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. - ROHQ