Position Title: Scientist 1 Chemistry
Report to: Chemistry Laboratory Supervisor
Location: Vision Care, Limerick
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Ireland is located in Limerick and produces the Acuvue range of contact lenses which is the leading contact lens product in the world. Our Limerick site uses the most advanced technology in the industry and we now employ over 1000 people directly. Using our highly automated production process, we produce daily disposable contact lenses while utilizing state of the art technologies such as injection moulding, robotics, vision systems and sterilisation systems.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Ireland was established in 1995 in the National Technology Park close to the University of Limerick. The facility was originally fitted with six advanced production lines to manufacture one daily disposable contact lens for the European and Japanese markets. Since then we have expanded a number of times and now have over 31 production lines manufacturing one-day, fortnightly, monthly and colour contact lenses which are shipped worldwide.
Each year, we have increased output because of the increase demand for our Acuvue lenses throughout the world Continued expansion of our product lines and extensive engineering and retrofit projects ensure that this growth is sustained well into the future.
The Scientist 1 Chemistry role is responsible for involvement in Laboratory activities and to ensure continuous improvement in quality across the function.
Main duties and responsibilities:
· Incoming inspection and release of raw materials and packaging components, as per relevant raw material specifications
· Finish goods testing as per product specifications
· Validation support for ongoing changes in production
· Water monitoring testing
· Testing and release of In-process packing solution
· Dealing with Out of Specification (OOS) results, when they arise.
· Protocol and Report Writing
· Instrumentation used within the lab:
High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
FTIR / NIR
· Actively identifies quality issues and has involvement in sourcing solutions.
· Offers new initiatives to accomplish goals and drives these changes to completion
· All employees are responsible for minimizing both the Environmental and Health & Safety effects of the work that they perform
Education and Experience Required for Role Essential:
· Minimum of Certificate level qualification in Chemistry or other relevant science discipline .
· At least 1 years industrial experience in the Pharmaceutical/Medical Devices Industry
· Good knowledge of FDA and ISO requirements
· Good organization skills and familiarity with computer packages.
· Ability to work on own initiative
· Flexible work ethic
· Attention to detail
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Ireland) Limited (8182)