Johnson & Johnson Medical Companies produce a broad range of innovative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of orthopaedics, neurological disease, infection prevention, cardiovascular disease, and aesthetics. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands.
This commitment to excellence is evident throughout Johnson & Johnson and in Medical Devices, where our team is on a mission to reach more patients and restore more lives through faster, smarter innovation, a relentless customer focus and a culture of agility. – Alex Gorsky, Johnson & Johnson Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Global Education Solutions aspire to train more healthcare professionals and reach more patients through world-class, industry-leading training approaches, tailored to the evolving needs of today’s internal and external learners.
The EMEA Customer Experience and Event Team was created to deliver beyond the gold standard, compliant, experiential education journeys. We strive to deliver customer centric process excellence and experiential market leading educational events for the EMEA region. We collaborate with the Global team, IT, HCC, Legal, the regional teams and the local countries to drive innovation and process excellence in this area.
The exciting world of designing, managing and executing events can be fast paced, on occasion a little hectic and most of all this area should be fun.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for an EMEA Event Manager for our Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices business based in Norderstedt, Germany.
This role is accountable for driving customer satisfaction through the flawless, logistical execution of educational courses. You will be responsible for the preparation, organisation and coordination of local and EMEA wide trainings and events working closely with key stakeholders to drive quality to a consistent standard for EMEA education events. This position is a temporary employment for 1 year in pay-scale classification E11.
- Leading events in the normal course programme for the EMEA region from the event management perspective for Commercial and Professional Education Courses
- Identify event objectives with stakeholders and deliver events on time, within budget that meet / exceed expectations
- Set communication and maintain timelines and priorities on every project
- Manage multiple projects under tight deadlines across multiple time zones / geographies
- Manage supplier relationships, coordinate research, site selection and contract negotiations
- Lead and participate in meetings, including regular status meetings, onsite meetings, and post program debriefs if applicable.
- Manage all aspects of venue coordination, including meeting space allocation and set-up, hospitality, electrics, internet etc.
- Manage all external vendors e.g. AV, Production, Entertainment, IT, Shipping, Transportation, Photographer etc.
- Support Education Solutions in building and maintaining effective working relationships and coordinated communications to key internal and external stakeholders
- Active collaboration with internal departments e.g. Health Care Compliance, Professional Education, Commercial Education, Finance etc.
- Responsible for the effective reporting of KPIs and other metrics that demonstrate effectives of educational offerings e.g. Net Promoter Score
- Ensure excellent customer service, quality deliver and compliance (HCC / SOX)
- Enhance customer experiences by being solutions orientated and innovative
- Crisis management
- Enhance the Events Experience status by accepting ownership for being customer centric and solutions orientated
- Drive quality to a consistent standard as well as set new, higher standards and support to implementing those
- Ensure events adhere to Health Care Compliance guidelines
- Be transparent with all aspects of non-compliance
- Challenge the status quo
- Excellent customer experience and customer service skills
- Solid organisational skills, including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Excellent communication skills – with the ability to influence and develop tailored solutions
- Strong leadership ability
- Proactive, enthusiastic and flexible
- Solutions driven and outcomes focused
- Self-motivated, flexible and positive attitude
- Collaborating and engaging across functional boundaries
- Ability to build strong working relationships globally
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a virtual team with diverse people at all levels of authority
- Excellent follow through on commitments, using sound judgement with the ability to recognize and handles sensitive/confidential information
- Ability to manage conflicts constructively
- Good team worker, demonstrating loyalty and commitment to the organisation and team members
- Excellent skills in office software
- Willing to travel and occasionally/often work unsocial hours
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Educated to Higher Education or equivalent calibre (University degree in Business administration/events/tourism and/or an apprenticeship in the tourism business or hotel or agency area)
- Customer experience – essential
- Minimum of 3-5 years of working experience
- 2-3 years Health Care Industry Experience - preferred
- Other Languages – preferred
Johnson&Johnson Med GmbH (7930)