The Manager – NPD Procurement will be responsible for supporting Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies R&D external innovation activities. This individual will scout, identify, develop and lead the relationship, development and implementation of the supplier strategies in support of R&D innovation pipeline. They will plan and direct activities and deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, service and compliance adherence.
The Manager – NPD Procurement’s scope of responsibilities include:
- NPI Pipeline support: by ensuring through supplier management that R&D receives the best possible support from external suppliers for J&J developed new products
- Advanced Sourcing: to ensure that R&D receives appropriate guidance in terms of supplier and component selection to ensure that time to market gets optimized, supply risks get minimized upfront, DTV principles get embedded upfront, supply base concentration mandates get supported and that product quality and compliance gets built into the new product design upfront. In summary, this will lead to higher GP at time of new product launch, more robust products and the formation of a more concentrated but also more committed supply base to J&J
- Supplier Enabled Innovation: to ensure that based on R&D/Franchise identified unmet needs, we are able to systematically engage our supply base to provide us their best solutions behind supplier capability and innovation. This area also includes the commercial management of the supplier base in order to create innovative ways of structuring supply and development agreements, creating engaging supplier rewards, structuring risk sharing and managing IP.
- Establish the initial priority and focus areas to drive pipeline support by suppliers and gain tangible improvement on this dimension: Metric: time to market, GP to launch. Systematically drive SEI in line with Strategic Plan aspiration and business needs
- Manage supplier relationships, communicate changes to category strategy, execute joint collaborative initiatives, and monitor supplier performance
- Scout and identify supplier enabled innovation opportunities to present to R&D as well as to support existing R&D pipeline
- Facilitate the development, implementation, and maintenance of processes, policies, guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures, and Business Operating Principles to support on-boarding of suppliers
- Establish metrics in full alignment with R&D a tangible way to track business value delivery (GP at launch, NTS etc.)
- Lead team meetings and provide updates to Global/Regional R&D & Procurement Leadership
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
J&J (China) Investments Ltd (7046)