The JSC Make Cluster Leader for Asia Pacific is accountable for all Janssen supply chain internal manufacturing activities in the region, represents the region in the various global JSC Manufacturing & Technical Operations forums, and orchestrates across the various manufacturing, engineering, business excellence, technical operations and maintenance functions, including facilities management, EHS, quality, regulatory affairs, R&D, Business Technology, Finance and HR, to deliver on Janssen’s business strategy and plans in APAC.
Supports $2.7B in NTS and manages through an organization of roughly 550-650 manufacturing employees with 4 owned sites.
The JSC APAC Make Cluster Leader will:
- Support the VP JSC APAC in developing and driving the execution of the JSC APAC manufacturing strategy in support of all Janssen new and existing pharmaceutical products, shifting from a site-centric philosophy to an integrated, product portfolio strategy and from an emphasis on meeting local needs to supporting a global product portfolio.
- Ensuring that all manufacturing operations comply with Environmental, Health & Safety regulations and the broad array of Health Authority regulations on the drug manufacturing industry. Shape and evolve a manufacturing roadmap that responds to regulatory changes, getting out in front of new expectations to build J&J’s reputation for quality.
- Evolve the Supply Chain culture through building and developing a best-in-class supply chain team, including a strong pipeline for future leaders
- Promote innovative thinking to challenge the status quo, embed Faster Forward principles and customer centricity in his/her team’s activities
- Be a key member of the JSC APAC leadership team to partner in shaping and delivering on regional strategies
- Contribute to business results improvements through cross functional collaboration and partnership with regional/local internal and external stakeholders e.g. Commercial, Finance, Deliver, Quality, APAC Make SC Council, etc.
- Build an end to end customer-focused Supply Chain team that leverages data analytics to drive excellence in customer loyalty and satisfaction
The incumbent of this position needs to be a true Change Leader, i.e. must :
- Challenge the status quo
- Stimulate the design and implementation of new ideas & approaches to continuously improve processes and increase efficiencies
- Encourage applying Faster Forward principles
- Leverage an agile, creative mindset and behavior to drive Supply Chain innovation, competitive advantage, operational results, and transformational change.
- Leverage a deep understanding of customer needs and insights to inform decision making and strengthen overall value to customers
Leadership & Management Behavioral Competencies
- A Servant Leader sensibility—seeks to help and enable the team, will engage deeply where necessary to get the job done
- Visionary – thinks about future challenges and opportunities; creates a future vision and gains support and alignment for that vision
- Strong analytical capability—considers technical needs and pursues new areas and ideas in an aggressive manner to critically analyze data and draw appropriate conclusions
- Able to “zoom in and zoom out”, quickly shifting between the strategic and the tactical
- Relationship-oriented and socially astute – sensitive to what others’ need to get onboard and commit
- Collaborative and supportive – seeks to build authentic partnerships and bring a servant leader’s mindset to bear
- Inspirational, bringing energy and enthusiasm to interactions
- Decisive - recognizes when to make a call, and once committed, sticks to it
- Desires to be accountable for results
Requires domestic and international travel up to 25% of his/her time
Location: Singapore, China (Beijing, Shanghai, Xian), Japan (Tokyo), Korea (Seoul)
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), ISO, FDA and/or other regulatory requirements.
- Experience and expertise in moving products through the regulatory approval and commercialization process
- Track record of improving operational excellence across an organization with measurable results. Use of Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing tools to drive productivity and performance improvement.
- Production floor experience and technical knowledge with progressive responsibility within a manufacturing facility with demonstrated understanding of the factory floor up through the various supporting functions.
- Experience working within different cultures, as well as handling diverse and complex cultural and market-specific issues, such as labor laws, healthcare regulatory requirements, tax law and logistics.
- Developing and driving a strategy at all levels of the organization.
- Developing and building diverse, high performing teams with a strong sense of mission.
- Demonstrated ability to work across organizational boundaries through influence, negotiation and partnering
Asia Pacific-China-Shaanxi-Xi'an, Asia Pacific-China-Shanghai, Asia Pacific-China-Beijing, Asia Pacific-Japan-Tokyo-To, Asia Pacific-South Korea-Seoul
Johnson & Johnson Pte. Ltd. (8435)