Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing creative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Every day, our more than 130,000 employees across the world are blending heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
You will be working with the Communication & Public Affairs Lead in Southeast Asia and the Country Leadership Team to drive, enhance, and protect the reputation of Johnson & Johnson Philippines.
In line with our Credo and Purpose, You will collaborate with cross-functional, cross-sector teams to ensure a consistent J&J narrative, and be responsible for the development, implementation, and management of communications programs to inform, educate, and inspire key audiences internally and important partners externally. Key audiences include (but not restricted to) patients, consumers/customers, employees, regulators and health authorities, government agencies, media and the community we operate in.
- Responsible for developing key internal and external presentations, including talking points, speeches, and slides for the Country Leadership Team.
- Support in developing and leading communication strategy to position J&J with key external partners. May include speaking engagements, media relations, digital strategy, sponsorships, communication materials development, and other external positioning activities. (Scope/time allocation of the role across sector/franchises will be determined based on key business priorities of the market)
- Cultivate proven media relationships with key editors and influential outlets to drive positive news outcomes.
- Supervise writing, editing, and marketing of stories by agencies, staff/freelancers, development of print, electronic, and other materials related to external activities. Lead all aspects of maintenance of distribution lists and databases, and timely distribution of news releases, photos, information packages, and other materials.
- Support in developing and implementing a strategic plan to communicate the J&J Purpose/Vision/Mission, enterprise business strategy and updates, and organizational goals.
- Support for key leadership meetings and communications platforms to help drive a culture of engagement in the organization.
- Develop and maintain an internal communications program to promote broad-based employee knowledge, understanding, and support of the strategic business objectives. Vehicles may include, but will not be limited to, the employee intranet and portal, email updates, publications, webcasts, townhalls etc. Engage employees and heighten their level of business understanding and commitment to meeting the organization's goals and objectives.
- Appropriately position employee CSR efforts, including heightening awareness with corporate on specific programs.
Reputation Management & Enhancement
- Understand and utilize knowledge of differences in distributor website technical capabilities and business processes, and customize recommendations to maximize presence of Johnson & Johnson products based upon technical and business operations standard methodologies.
- Formulate enterprise-level story ideas that demonstrate how Johnson & Johnson “Leads with Purpose”; develop productive relationships with members of the traditional and digital and social media world to drive coverage of the company.
- Develop and execute proactive media relations strategies and key media messaging for members of the Johnson & Johnson Country Leadership Team ahead of media interviews and key external events in partnership with cross-functional and franchise teams.
- Aggressively and strategically manage various media inquiries with timely, respectful and informed responses; has a keen eye in detecting communication issues and escalating to the Region, Country Leadership Team and other cross-functional colleagues.
- Holds a pivotal role as a company spokesperson as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree Holder
- Fluency in English, both oral and written is required
- At least 8 years of experience in communications field
- Knowledge of healthcare industry is preferred
- The candidate must have an astute understanding of the traditional and social media landscape of the market today and therefore has the ability to turn insights into strategy that will work in today’s digital day and age
- Experience in extensive and holistic crisis/issues management experience
- Experience in developing productive relationships with partners and has strong, existing relationships with key editors of the media.
- Must have excellent listening and critical reasoning skills; be vocal in getting his/her voices and opinions heard; creative in developing options and solutions; has deep understanding of the media’s perspectives and operations; superior ability to deal with complex, ambiguous and contradictory situations and an interest and understanding of new media/communications approaches.
Are you ready to impact the world?
Johnson & Johnson offers an unusual experience to professionals looking for an opportunity to work with hardworking people who share your real passion for caring in an environment that empowers you to drive your own career.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Johnson & Johnson (Philippines) Inc. (8385)