Supply Chain - Industrial Placement
Duration: 12 months
Sectors and locations:
Medical Devices – Leeds, Yorkshire
Working at Johnson & Johnson can change everything. Including YOU.
By joining a company that has been carving out the future of healthcare for more than 130 years, you will be offered a career as limitless as the lives it touches. It’s as simple as that. Start building a career with purpose at J&J and make the next generation the healthiest yet.
Thousands of products, hundreds of supplier relationships and a global annual spend of around $30 billion. We manage it all and make sure everything runs smoothly from sourcing the best components to getting products of all shapes and sizes safely into the hands of our customers.
As a supply chain placement student you will be given a role with real, tangible responsibilities from day one. You will ensure our customers receive the right product, in the right place, at the right time, every time.
Working in our Medical Devices segment, where timely and correct delivery of our products has life changing implications for our patients, you will be responsible for planning delivery of products from manufacturers right the way through to our patients in UK/IRE whilst ensuring efficient inventory levels are maintained. Each day will be varied and offer plenty of opportunity for development.
Main duties and responsibilities
Duties vary by sectors and departments
- Support key Supply Chain projects/initiatives
- Inventory management
- Development of reports to support operational needs
- Liaise with all relevant departments across the organisation, including various supply groups to support business requirements.
- Create & build on strong relationships with all stakeholders
- Encompass flexibility in order to help serve our customers’ needs
- Develop appropriate system and procedure knowledge to be able to respond to the majority of issues from external and internal customers
- Ensure compliance to all company policies and work instructions
- Follow all requirements for quality assurance and audits
- Ensure all customer orders are received/ dispatched within KPI targets
- Apply credo values in an open and ethical manner
Requirements of the role
- 2 years of degree level study completed
- A minimum of 2:1 achieved in first year of study
- Business related, supply chain or humanities degree types preferred
Key skills and competencies
- Strong analytical skills
- Resilient and able to deal with a variety of personality types
- Confidence in speaking to a broad range of people
- Approachable and outgoing
- Needs to be highly numerate and analytical
- Ability to prioritise effectively
- Strong technical skills with excel
- Enjoy working with computer based systems
- Strong level of professionalism
- Needs to be assertive and able to deliver negative/challenging messages
Please note this role will close for applications on the 15th December 2019
Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. - fka -Ethicon Ltd. (7355)