Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Manager, Electronic Systems Category which can be located in either Shanghai, China or Haifa, Isreal.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
The Manager, Electronic Systems will be responsible for approximately $10MM – 50MM in spend for Johnson & Johnson Companies. He/she will be responsible for 1 – 20 global suppliers. The category and spend are medium complexity in nature and require a collaboration with key stakeholders within the business to execute. This role will require limited management oversight. This individual will identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurement goals and strategy. He/she will plan and direct the organization’s activities and deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, and service and compliance adherence.
The Manager, Electronic Systems Category scope of responsibilities include:
- Develop and drive the Procurement vision for, with and through the stakeholder community
- Identify emerging needs within a specific ES area of focus and develop the vision, strategy and implementation plan that will effectively meet the long range requirements of the business partners and deliver the maximum value for J&J
- Execute supply base assessment and supplier segmentation; Analyze global supplier footprint
- Perform analysis such as comparative analysis, rationalization analysis, sourcing decisions and cost optimization identification analysis; Perform market intelligence analysis for current and emerging market movement trends
- Develop and lead price and cost initiatives; Prepare and execute RFQs for medium complexity sourcing decisions; Conduct negotiations with suppliers
- Interface directly with supplier leadership of key suppliers to ensure J&J’s objectives are met, including quality, reliability, innovation and cost; Conduct additional negotiations, if required
- Conduct Top-to-Top meetings with suppliers that include holistic supplier performance management and review
- Identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurements goals and category strategies, based on deep subject matter expertise and an informal understanding of industry/market dynamics
- Escalate issues that may impact the Global Procurement organization
- Build and maintain relationships throughout J&J that results in dynamic interactive dialogue on a broad range of perspectives and information critical to the development of optimal approaches and solutions
- A minimum of a Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent degree
- 5 years business related experience.
- Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices and core Procurement areas of focus regarding Supplier Management
- Strong verbal and written communication skill with ability to confidently present complex information
- Ability to understand and influence individuals
- Working knowledge and experience in Sourcing Processes, Contracting, Negotiations
- Analytical, sound judgment and decision making, problem solver
- Demonstrated track record of delivering against targets and objectives
- Able to prioritize requests, and propose effective alternatives when necessary.
- Ability to show judgment in developing new approaches and resolving issues
- Able to travel up to 30% domestic and international
- MBA Preferred
- Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices and core Procurement areas of focus (Spend Management, Category Management & Sourcing and Supplier Management) desired
- Education – CPSM, CSCP, CPIM, PMP, or other certification or relevant experience desired
- Strong level of credibility with internal customers, and with the supplier community
Ability to influence and understand differing needs of stakeholders (e.g., businesses, Procurement LT, Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain)Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
J&J (China) Investments Ltd (7046)