The Medical Device Analytics Strategy & Capability Development Leader is responsible to develop and execute a multi-year strategy to deploy reporting & analytics / data connectivity capabilities that meet the needs of the Regions / Sector by identifying appropriate internal and external best practices. This strategy will ensure improvement of process / analytics maturity via comprehensive deployment of the blueprinted standards, processes and the use / development of new technologies and platforms. He / she will be the point of contact to develop new capabilities requiring advanced technologies in the Analytics area and will establish a solid governance / prioritization process.
The leader will work closely aligned with the Enterprise Planning Excellence team, the Digital team and the Global Planning Process Leaders to realize full potential of this new organization.
leader will drive operational efficiencies and initiate transformational
projects when needed. He / she will successfully guide the organization through
these changes while ensuring effective execution of the current processes.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive analytics / data connectivity roadmap and strategy.
- Develop and execute the Shared Service strategy to consolidate common processes within a central location and team (statistical forecasting, transactional support, exops planning, entitlement,..).
- Determine the future technology roadmap and assess opportunities to drive operational efficiencies (fe consolidation of platforms).
- Develop strategic financial plan and business plan for MD Analytics.
- Establish Governance for new capability development, initiatives and strategies for Medical Devices Supply Chain Leadership Team.
- Oversee benchmarking, evaluation and implementation of best practices to business reporting / analytics capabilities and data connectivity.
- Partner with Technology Solutions to develop business solutions that enhance visualization and virtualization capabilities of the Plan Transformation Program metrics and processes.
- Link to EPEx and other enterprise functions for proven and emergent capabilities, tools, etc
- Application of advanced analytics and machine-learning to complex problems.
- Development of analytics solutions for deployment by global process leaders.
- Development of new analytics capabilities (eg. OMP+ reporting).
- Sponsor, support and deploy new initiatives designed to improve our current capabilities in area of data analytics & connectivity and business intelligence.
- Ensure alignment on TS architecture for consistency in analysis, investigation, implementation and best practice sharing.
- Identify the right people, process and technology capabilities that are needed to drive increased analytics maturity. Develop & maintain key partnerships with external partners.
- Maintain a network of outside partners and experts in the area of Analytics and data connectivity.
- Deploy strategy to improve operational effectiveness within analytics.
- Point of contact for strategy development around analytic platforms, new technologies and shared service capabilities.
- Provide in depth analysis / insights for decision-making in key business functions.
- Define / execute strategy for enhancements of current platforms (Insight / Fidelity), existing business intelligence solutions (QLIK, Cognos, HANA), and data models / infrastructure.
- Drive operational efficiencies within his / her area.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with preference in Supply Chain, Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science, Analytics, AI or equivalent/Advanced degree/MBA preferred.
- PMP, FPX SME, lean / 6S Black Belt or equivalent certifications preferred.
- APICS certification (CPIM, CFPIM or CIRM) preferred.
- Other certifications in areas of expertise desirable.
- Minimum Eight (8) years of relevant experience required.
- Minimum Three (3) years of people management & development required.
- Experience successfully implementing change across multiple organizations with cross functional stakeholders required.
- Experience managing and working with a multi-regional and multi-functional team in a highly matrix environment is required.
- Project and Program management experience required.
- Expert experience with data (acquisition) platforms and visualization (EDG / EDL, Azure, SAP HANA, Alteryx, Qlik, Tableau, Phyton, R, SQL,..) is required.
- In-depth knowledge of digital technologies such as RPA and Machine Learning required.
- Professional experience in Plan / planning systems (OMP+) with a strong understanding of E2E processes preferred.
- Experience working in the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device or Consumer Products industry preferred.
- Strategic thinking – ability to develop and execute a comprehensive strategy that realizes functional and company goals.
- Ability to coach and develop accountable, diverse and global leaders.
- Ability to influence at all levels within the Supply Chain organization.
- Strong communication with the ability to communicate clearly, making the complex clear and compelling to all levels in the organization in both written and oral forms.
- Working knowledge of financial processes.
- Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of best practices and benchmarks.
- Ability to effectively manage projects, multiple priorities and timelines.
- Big Picture/Attention to Detail – align strategic and tactical goals.
- Pro-active, can do attitude. Self-starter with the ability to forge collaboration across all levels within the enterprise.
- High level of personal initiative, ability to function autonomously.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Project and Access.
- Results Orientation/Sense of Urgency – ability to drive to tight timelines.
Asia Pacific-India-Maharashtra-Pune, North America-United States-New Jersey-Somerville, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Ireland-Cork-Cork, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Switzerland-Solothurn-Zuchwil