The Process Automation (PA) Lead is responsible to execute and prioritize strategies regarding Advanced Planning, Innovation, and process automation, driving operational efficiencies within the Plan function. He / she has a broad, in-depth understanding of latest technologies and developments, quick learner to build expertise on targeted technologies, and executes related prioritized initiatives driving process advancement / transformation for the Plan function.
The PA lead drives the execution of initiatives end to end: from mapping of existing capabilities / processes to target state, detailed business case assessments, budget request submissions, through implementation by leading a respective multi-functional project team. This includes alignment with key business stakeholders, strong project management and leadership skills to ensure an effective execution and flawless implementation of transformational projects.
In this role the PA Lead is highly results oriented, demonstrates a strong business acumen and plan expertise and a strong understanding of the overarching vision, strategy and roadmap, as well as Enterprise standards, and market trends. This will ensure increased effectiveness and efficiency of the plan processes as well as process alignment in line with the MD blueprints.
Finally, the PA Lead drives adoption of new process automation technologies and capabilities as a critical component within the execution of initiatives.
- Collaborate and provide subject matter expertise on future technology / capability opportunities to drive operational efficiencies using ‘new’ technologies (e.g. defining standard ‘toolbox’) within plan.
- Execute, govern and prioritize strategies and roadmaps for advanced planning tools and innovative technologies.
- Collaborate on the implementation of new governance structures for new capability development, initiatives and strategies for Medical Devices Supply Chain Plan.
- Maintain a strong network of outside partners and experts in the area of Digital technologies.
- Collaborate with EPeX & Digital organization on targeted projects.
- Establish strong link and alignment into J&J Enterprise and industry best practice.
- Drive prioritized transformational and RPA automation projects, resulting in bottom-line impact.
- Develop business case and be accountable to realize benefits as projected.
- Balance a hands-on approach with the ability to work through others to deliver rapid, high quality results.
- Drive and execute change in business processes through partnership with cross-functional supply chain teams.
- Ensure robust governance and process execution.
- Drive business adoption of new technologies, advanced processes, and capabilities.
- Sustainability and enhancements of current platforms, tools and processes. Ensure reliability of automation processes built. Own RPA platforms.
- Collaborate closely with the Training group to effectively drive knowledge about new technologies, new tools, and new capabilities into the Plan functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with preference in Supply Chain, Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science, Analytics, AI or equivalent/Advanced degree/MBA preferred.
- PMP, FPX SME, Lean / 6S Black Belt or equivalent certifications required.
- APICS certification (CPIM, CFPIM or CIRM) preferred.
- Other certifications in areas of expertise desirable.
- Minimum Three (3) years of relevant experience required.
- Experience in working with a multi-regional and multi-functional team in a global, highly matrix environment is required.
- Project management experience required.
- In-depth experience with digital platforms / advanced technologies (Alteryx, E2Open, R, Machine learning, AI, RPA,…) and advanced planning platforms is required.
- Experience in Plan with a decent understanding of E2E processes.
- Experience with Process Excellence/Six Sigma tools, training and/or certification is required.
- Experience working in the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device or Consumer Products industry preferred.
- Ability to influence different levels within the Supply Chain organization.
- Ability to forge strong partnerships across functions.
- Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of Supply Chain concepts and methodologies.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to adjust to the audience (business vs. technical, professionals vs. leadership) is required.
- Maintains a network of outside partners and experts in the area of Digital technologies. Stays abreast with upcoming technologies.
- Knowledge of financial processes.
- Ability to effectively manage complex projects, multiple priorities and timelines.
- Pro-active, can do attitude. Self-starter with the ability to forge collaboration across all levels within the enterprise.
- High level of personal initiative, ability to function autonomously with limited supervision.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Project and Access.
- Results Orientation/Sense of Urgency – ability to drive to tight timelines.
North America-United States-New Jersey-Somerville, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Ireland-Cork-Cork, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Switzerland-Solothurn-Zuchwil