Johnson & Johnson Consumer Health is recruiting for a Senior Manager Communications & Public Affairs, Norther Europe, located in Maidenhead, UK.
As the Communication & Public Affairs Lead for Consumer Health Northern Europe, drive business growth and build stakeholder preference/advocacy through proactive public relations and public affairs.
- Drive business objectives of brands, businesses and Enterprise
- Build external and internal stakeholder trust, preference and advocacy
- Inspire employee advocacy
- Develop strong partnerships with and serve as a trusted advisor to and member of the Consumer Health Northern Europe Leadership team.
- Develop and roll out integrated Communication & Public Affairs strategy for RCIS ensuring alignment with regional and global objectives.
- Proactively drive business and Enterprise outcomes by identifying and applying key metrics to communication practices, and provide insights that drive confidence, integration and alignment.
- Build understanding of emerging and future trends in the environment affecting businesses and brands; in partnership with GFO, Regulatory Affairs, R&D, Scientific Affairs and Government Affairs colleagues, develop and execute public affairs strategies that impact belief, action, behavior and advocacy in order to drive business growth.
- Partner closely with the relevant regional Communication Leaders and teams to ensure alignment of country, regional and Enterprise business goals.
- Develop and roll out the PR strategy (Brand PR and Enterprise PR) for Northern Europe
- Help shape X-sector communications in the UK with sector communications leaders.
- Manage public relations agencies and other professional agencies supporting brands / franchises.
- Actively participate in key trade associations
- Develop and manage budgets
- Develop relationships with key media.
- Drive outcomes by bringing a measurement approach to public affairs and public relations strategies and incorporate relevant metrics that are indicators of success.
Maintain external stakeholder trust through effective management of issues
- In partnership with Marketing and Franchise teams, proactively identify potential brand / franchise-related issues and develop issues-management strategies.
- Manage product issues and other situations that may impact stakeholder trust and company reputation.
- Partner closely with EMEA Regional Consumer Health Issues agency, brand teams, legal and other CoEs to ensure Enterprise alignment.
- Develop messages that engage, inform and align stakeholders and serve as spokesperson for media inquiries.
Drive employee engagement and advocacy through powerful organizational communication
- Partner with business leaders, develop internal communication strategies and messages to inspire, engage, inform and align employees.
- Serve as a change champion for innovation and new ways of operating.
- Partner closely with HR and others to ensure integrated, seamless integration of Enterprise communication.
Develop capability that makes our Enterprise and the CPA function in Northern Europe stronger
- Model and encourage behaviors that respectfully and confidently change the status quo yet build momentum and consensus with external and internal stakeholders for better Enterprise results.
- Model strong business acumen with a broad and holistic understanding of competitive and industry priorities that drive business and social value.
- Role model effective counsel to business leaders.
- providing credible expertise, relevant insights and transparent feedback.
- Segment key stakeholder motivations, needs and expectations in order to drive the most relevant business opportunities and strategies.
- Act as a storyteller to develop communications that create deep emotional connections to business and brand reputation, and drive solutions externally and internally.
- Actively encourage others to share external and internal best practices and contribute to standardized tools and practices to build a world-class CPA Function.
- Model and inspire a continuous improvement mindset to ensure the function stays on the leading edge of communication, change, technology, social media and other key trends.
- Model a healthy Enterprise culture by championing and facilitating a Diversity and Inclusion mindset that aligns with Our Credo and Leadership Imperatives.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in journalism, communications, marketing, arts, science or business.
- Proven performer with solid experience managing communication in a company, NGO, government agency or public relations agency; proven track record of successful public relations/communications, corporate communication, product communication, public affairs, and/or media relations achievements.
- Demonstrated ability to develop successful partnerships and influence with senior executives.
- Demonstrated ability to develop compelling stories, with superior written, oral and visual communication abilities.
- Fluent English both written and verbal
- Experience in crisis/issues management.
- Experience dealing with national and local lay, professional/trade and social media
- Experience in influencer marketing and management
- Deep understanding of digital and social platforms.
- Demonstrated analytic ability.
- Experience in managing budgets and schedules.
- Excellent judgment.
- Ability to maintain perspective and bring positive attitude and courage to partnership discussions
- Professional ability to work effectively across levels, functions, regions, backgrounds.
- Ability to stay aligned with overall strategic direction while applying diligence and attention to detail in execution and reliably meeting deadlines.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Johnson & Johnson Limited (8700)