Johnson & Johnson is the largest and most broadly-based healthcare company in the world. We’re producing life-changing breakthroughs every day, and have been for the last 130 years. The combination of new technologies and your expertise enables amazing things to happen. Teams from J&J’s consumer business are creating digital tools to help people track the health of their skin. Those working in medical devices are 3-D printing artificial joints personalized for each patient, while researchers in pharmaceuticals use AI to discover lifesaving drugs. Imagine what the rest of our team of 134,000 people at 260 companies in more than 60 countries across the world is accomplishing. We redefine what it means to be a big company in today’s world.
Location: Warsaw, Poland or Budapest, Hungary or Bucharest, Romania or Prague, Czech Republic
Contract: full time, unlimited contract
The Senior Manager will be responsible for managing the data privacy matters relevant to all J&J businesses in Central Eastern Europe (CEE) according to the needs and priorities discussed with the business functions and the Global Privacy Team.
You will be responsible to coordinate all activities related to implementation of and adherence to the J&J Global Privacy Framework & Procedures and applicable (local) data protection laws. You will be also responsible for the implementation of the Privacy Program in the CEE region.
- Ensures local and/or functional oversight of the privacy program
- Advises business and management/compliance committees of their responsibilities and obligations and drives a culture of compliance with privacy requirements;
- Build understanding of privacy risks and opportunities related to personal data processing activities and provides advice on how to mitigate these risks and enhance the opportunities, by embedding privacy into the design of business activities;
- Elaborate practical, localized guidance in line with the Global Privacy Framework and Policies (e.g. review of policies, update consent & notice forms etc)
- Serve as the main point of contact to share staff experiences in privacy related issues and provide first guidance if privacy questions arise;
- Assists the business with records of processing activities and data protection impact assessment.
- Assists with internal and external audits and inspections, requests for access and correction of personal data or complaints.
- Manages the local incident response process and liaise with J&J Data Breach response Team: Handle privacy related incidents having local impact in close collaboration with local management and, depending on the incident, with the Global Privacy Organization and J&J Data Breach Response Team
- Actively engages with the Global Privacy Team and participates to its information sessions, to ensure maximal alignment with global standards and practices.
- Assists the EU Data Privacy Officers with the fulfilment of legal obligations under GDPR, in particular:
- To maintain the organization’s internal records of processing activities, in accordance with GDPR art.30;
- To provide advice as regards the Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA) and monitor its performance, in accordance with GDPR art.35;
- To cooperate with the privacy regulator;
- To act as contact point for the privacy regulator on issues relating to processing of personal information, including the prior consultation referred to in GDPR art. 36, and to consult, where appropriate, regarding any other matter
We’d love to hear from YOU, if you have:
- 7-10 years of overall experience, at least 3 years of experience within privacy
- Fluent English spoken and written
- Fluent in local language (Polish or Hungarian or Romanian or Czech)
- Functional understanding of privacy laws and regulations applied in a company context – understanding within the whole CEE region is a big plus
- Previous experience within health care industry or similar business is an adventage
- Previous experience with the roll out of compliance programs is a plus as well
- Results oriented project manager with strong problem-solving approach
- Able to see big picture, understand your business partners and their objectives and based on that draft solutions
- Maintaining the highest standards of quality, compliance and accountability in your work and advisory
- Excellent communicator and facilitator – you will interact with people from all levels of the company
- Conducting risk assessment analysis based on which you are ready to decide even in ambiguous situations
- Having global mindset – you are prepared to incorporate global standards and practices into CEE region
- An opportunity to be part of a global market leader.
- A dynamic and inspiring working environment.
- Many opportunities to work on challenging projects and assignments.
- Possibilities for further personal as well as professional development.
- Many employees benefits.
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Czech Republic-Prague-Prague, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Hungary-Budapest-Budapest, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Romania-Bucuresti-Bucharest
Johnson & Johnson (Poland) Sp. z.o.o. (7815)
Legal (Non Attorney)