Janssen is part of Johnson & Johnson, one of the biggest and most respected health care companies in the world. Who is Janssen? We’re people; more than 35,000, working hard to treat, cure, stop and prevent some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time — from diabetes and HIV to Alzheimer’s and cancer. Janssen is dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolism. We are driven to action by the plight of patients, and we aspire to make a positive impact on their lives. That’s why we never limit the search for new medicines to our own four walls—we’re always looking to work with partners interested in helping us achieve our goals.
Janssen Benelux offers everyone an inspiring environment to work in. Our culture is characterized by a strong ambition with a human face. Openness, commitment and integrity are important. We love a targeted approach focusing on equal collaboration and respect for each other's contribution. In the Netherlands, Janssen is one of the biggest investors in R&D across all sectors. We employ over 2,700 employees in the Netherlands, with many of them working in R&D and production from our facilities in Leiden.
You will ensure access for patients to our innovations, in which the balance between medical outcomes, patient experience and costs play a major role. The work of the HEMAR (Market Access) Manager is focused on taking initiative to the national authorities, health insurers and care institutions and we are looking for someone with the experience and passion.
You will report to within the Department of External Affairs the Netherlands to the HEMAR Director. The home base for this position is our Breda offices.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- You will be responsible for establishing and implementing the market access strategy for current and future medicinal products of Janssen in the Netherlands. This strategy extends to reimbursement on the national level and, in close collaboration with Patient Access Coordinator (PAC), market access on the level of health insurers and at the hospital/institution levels. You will be the Patient Access Coordinator representing different access functions at the Country value Team, providing strategic input.
- Responsible for monitoring the legal and procedural requirements regarding reimbursement and for managing the documentation and administration needed to do this with.
- In addition, he/she actively contributes to the international and European strategy regarding market access.
- Responsible for the procedure for obtaining and retaining reimbursement for our medicinal products within the applicable legislation and structures.
- The boundaries of old reimbursement systems appear to have been reached and there is a demand for new approaches although at the moment these have not yet been finalised. You are encouraged to be creative and initiative together with internal and external partners on new concepts of economic value, reimbursement and price.
- The HEMAR Manager is able to interact with global and EU functions in order to support the local strategy for obtaining reimbursement. Hereby, skills regarding HTA (health economic modelling) and market access are fully acquired.
MOST IMPORTANT AREAS OF THE JOB:
REIMBURSEMENT FOR NEW PRODUCTS AND FORMS OF PRODUCTS
You will makes an inventory of the requirements in the context of HE-research, relays shortcomings in the existing development programme and makes proposals for the possible performance of additional research. Draws up the reimbursement dossier for the authorities and takes responsibility for the evidence to be presented to achieve a rapid and successful conclusion of the reimbursement procedure.
ADVISES/SUPPORTS CVTS AND OTHER DEPARTMENTS
You will work closely with the PAC team proactively advises the various CVTs and other departments about market access and is responsible for incorporating the views of market access into the product strategies. In addition gives practical support in projects that focus on specific target groups such as hospitals, medical insurers and authorities to support the value of the medicinal products.
ROLE IN PERFORMING HE RESEARCH
The HEMAR Manager supports and directs HE research, which is performed on behalf of reimbursement dossiers (often with the help of third parties).
OBTAINS INFORMATION ABOUT DEVELOPMENTS REGARDING MARKET ACCESS-RELATED SUBJECTS
The HEMAR Manager constructs and maintains an independent network with relevant representatives of government bodies, external experts, institutes and sector organisations in order to analyse information about developments in the area of HE and make recommendations to the CVTs and other departments of the organisation.
BUILDS UP AND MAINTAINS MARKET ACCESS EXPERTISE
The HEMAR Manager provides up-to-date expertise in the area of market access by means of literature, attendance at study meetings, congresses and by contacts with institutes and experts. Make this expertise accessible and usable by the organisation both internationally and nationally.
JANSSEN INTERNATIONAL RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
The HEMAR Manager maintains working relations with employees of the European group, head office and relevant national institutes in order to provide input on the international price and reimbursement strategy. Acts as intermediary between the Dutch establishment and the international Janssen organisation with regard to market access.
- Preferably Medical background and Health economist education
- A minimum of 3 years of pharmaceutical industry experience with about 1-2 years relevant work experience in the market access area, in a similar function, a University research role or in a consultancy role
- Can work independently but also is a teammate who works well within team collaborations.
- Is convincing but also diplomatic to internal and external partners. Is able to build links between people/teams of different disciplines
- Is a creative thinker, can demonstrate successes with the implementation of new ideas
- Essential to have very good written and spoken Dutch and English.
- Affinity with a commercial work environment is a requirement
What’s in it for you…?
“Caring for the world, one person at a time…”
As an employee, we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
As part of a global team in an innovative environment, your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Janssen-Cilag Netherlands (8345)
Health Economics Mkt