This position supports implementation of the Innovation Center Asia Pacific strategy to develop a deep and credible network with innovators and entrepreneurs in biotech and VC community, also with leading scientists and clinicians in academia, government and non-profit organizations. The individual will actively identify and evaluate external opportunities in Singapore/India, support negotiations and play a critical role in management of academic and industrial collaborations that have potential to impact J&J portfolio for the global markets. He/she will work closely with the Head Of J&J Innovation Asia Pacific to effectively manage opportunity review within the organization, participate in the due diligence teams to assess scientific risk and opportunities.
- Responsible for the identification of target opportunities and the building of scientific and business relationships with emerging Med-tech companies, entrepreneurs, venture capital groups and academic KOLs in Singapore/India.
- Responsible for outreach to external stakeholders to coordinate review of investment opportunities aligned with Global External Innovation strategy.
- Accountable for maintaining a network of relationships within the local community, the flow and quality of opportunities and alignment with business and GEI strategy.
- Manage the initial due diligence process in Singapore/India with other IC and key internal and external scientific experts, as appropriate.
- Participate in the full due diligence process.
- Participate in establishing Public- Private partnerships
- Responsible for establishing and developing key internal stakeholder relationships and identifying internal scientific champions for transactions.
- Collaborate with Head Of J&J Innovation Asia Pacific , responsible for ensuring that resources are engaged in an orderly, efficient, timely and cost-effective manner in the evaluation of external opportunities.
- Work closely with the Transactions group to recommend collaboration models, structure deals and assist in negotiation.
- Assist in the follow up collaborations for successful implementation through on-boarding and ongoing responsibility for alliance management.
- MD or PhD is required, MBA is preferred.
- At least 7 years (at least 3 years for associate director) of professional experience is required in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry/academia, with experience in drug discovery and/or drug development preferred. Experience in business development and/or venture capital investing is preferred.
- Experience in the evaluation and execution of a diverse set of business development opportunities is preferred, with experience in the Immunology and/or Oncology therapeutic area preferred.
- Travel will be required
Johnson & Johnson Pte. Ltd. (8435)