Johnson & Johnson Global Services, the global shared services organization supporting the businesses of Johnson & Johnson, performs select functional work in a consistent manner across regions and sectors using simplified, standardized end-to-end processes and state-of-the-art technology. The vision of Johnson & Johnson Global Services is “to be trusted business partners who deliver increasing value by creating and sustaining globally standard world-class services that enable the power of Johnson & Johnson.”
There are more than 2,000 employees in Human Resources, Finance and Procurement who work for Johnson & Johnson Global Services in key service centers located in Manila, Suzhou, Prague, Bogota and Tampa, as well as in local country-based hubs.
Contract: full time, permanent contract
The Manager, Transitions Project Management, A&D is responsible for the coordinated delivery of Acquisition and Divestiture (A&D) projects across the Global Services (GS) functions in the region to enable either integration into J&J standardized services environment or ensuring uninterrupted provision of services to our customers when a business has been divested. Acquisition projects require initial setup or integration into systems ensuring the ability to transact and report on business activities as per all J&J quality and compliance standards and for the Finance, Procurement and HR functions in Global Services.
The Manager, Transitions Project Management, A&D will drive project execution within and across GS functions in close collaboration with Integration professionals and project resources from Business Unit and Corporate tiers to ensure timely end to end setup of global functions, building deep expertise and strong relationships with GS Service Delivery leaders in EMEA.
The Manager, Transitions Project Management, A&D will be responsible for management of the entire transition lifecycle, from initial solution design proposal, project assessment (including value case) through project go-live and stabilization. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in project / program management, customer engagement, stakeholder management and excellent communication skills. The candidate must have experience working in a multi-cultural shared services matrix organization with cross-functional and cross-regional stakeholders.
The position will report into the Director, EMEA Portfolio & Projects Management.
- Manage a sub-portfolio of projects across the region. Manage the lifecycle of transition projects from solution proposal to assessment through project completion following approved methodology.
- Support the development of a comprehensive and sustainable fully funded transition management strategy and tools for A&D projects to drive long term multi-function GS strategy in full alignment with J&J business goals and reduce project timelines and costs.
- Lead large projects as needed and delivery for EMEA region ensuring all stakeholders understand respective roles.
- Prepare and represent projects in all required change control bodies and governance reviews ensuring timely approval.
- Look for process improvement opportunities including earlier project team engagement and input into due diligence, project delivery, reporting, communications and leveraging lessons learned.
- Partner with global Integration Management Office, GS Strategy and Transformation team and GS Leadership to successfully identify, plan and execute transition activities into J&J GS or external to J&J.
- For transitions, onboard, lead and coach team of Transition Leads to coordinate and facilitate activities such as conducting assessments, building value cases, developing solution design proposals, preparing process documentation, identify resource capacity requirements and financial budget approvals/tracking, managing knowledge transfer, supporting cut-over activities, developing project-related communications and providing other project management support.
- Maintain transparent communication channel with J&J GS leadership and Business Stakeholders through appropriate governance forums such as Steering Committees, and by summarizing and reporting transition updates including identified risks, issues and dependencies.
- Provide leadership, direction, coaching, feedback, and, where appropriate, discipline to and through subordinate team members.
- Oversee selection, interview, hiring, and onboarding process for project management resources supporting transition projects.
- Manage and motivate transition management team members to achieve and exceed expectations by identifying staff performance gaps, allocating time to listen, monitor and provide constructive feedback for performance improvement.
- Develop transition management staff capability, support professional development, knowledge, skills and understanding of the region or J&J by organizing knowledge sharing activities for members of the team and partners supported in the region.
- Possess a knowledge of various project management/continuous improvement methodologies ( i.e.; PMP, FPX, Agile, Lean, Six Sigma etc.)
- Embrace and lead a culture of inclusiveness and multi-cultural engagement through coaching and feedback to peers and the broader community in Global Services in alignment with the J&J’s Leadership imperatives.
- Enable a Credo-based & High-Performance Culture within team.
We’d love to hear from YOU, if you have:
- 5+ years progressive Project Management and people management experience in a shared services organization or Mergers & Acquisitions or similar organization (preferably having functional background in HR, Finance, Procurement, Real Estate/Facilities, or IT)
- Effective and strong partnership and relationship building skills with key stakeholders
- Ability to reinforce a culture focused on continuous improvement while building employee-centric repeatable and sustainable processes
- Track record to drive business results – identifies and capitalizes on opportunities, identifies risks/issues, assesses implications, formulates recommendations, and drives sound decisions that deliver results
- Analytical and strategic thinker
- Uncompromising commitment to client and customer satisfaction
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple projects, and daily planned and unplanned operational activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities; formal presentation and facilitation skills
- Can be trusted to maintain confidential information
- Strong presentation skills; can speak across various forums and communicate to broad, diverse audience
- This is what awaits YOU at J&J:
- An opportunity to be part of a global market leader.
- A dynamic and inspiring working environment.
- Many opportunities to work on challenging projects and assignments.
- Possibilities for further personal as well as professional development.
- Many employees benefits:
- 5 weeks of vacation, home office, flexible working hours, sick days
- Meal vouchers, Cafeteria, referral award, life and accident insurance, MultiSport card
- Contribution for: Prague public transportation, language study, illness leave, pension contribution,
- Refreshment in the workplace, company gym, free sports activities, corporate events
The benefits are regulated by an internal policy which contains the full details regarding the entitlement and conditions for the benefits.
JNJ Global Business Servi (7761)
IT Project Management